It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MEN BEARS 2020-21 SCHEDULE RELEASED ___ OVER/UNDER 7+
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:39 pm 
Practice Squad

Program that with Pennell gone and new head coach and NO experience. Plus, you lose Koval who bailed and recruits who better purposes are a D2/NAIA talent and castoffs. No significant additions probably due Covid-19.

Through leading into conference play:
Wins --- 2-0
U of Ozarks - NAIA
Hannibal Whatever -NAIA

Loses --- 0-8 for The Dollars
Creighton
Kansas State
Wichita St.
Arkansas State
Baylor
Little Rock
Montana
Memphis

Now three (3) tough Southland games after New Year's _ This could truly be a poor season or repeat 2019-20...

Let this play out and will see. This money game thing feel bad for the kids... Losing in anything is toxic.

Post subject: Re: MEN BEARS 2020-21 SCHEDULE RELEASED ___ OVER/UNDER 7+
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:42 pm 
Redshirt

Holy Kamoley.... :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:36 pm 
All-Conference

Toadsuckhoops wrote:
Program that with Pennell gone and new head coach and NO experience. Plus, you lose Koval who bailed and recruits who better purposes are a D2/NAIA talent and castoffs. No significant additions probably due Covid-19.

Wins --- 2-0
U of Ozarks - NAIA
Hannibal Whatever -NAIA

Creighton
Kansas State
Wichita St.
Arkansas State
Baylor
Little Rock
Montana
Memphis

Now three (3) tough Southland games after New Year's _ This could truly be a poor season or repeat 2019-20...

Let this play out and will see. This money game thing feel bad for the kids... Losing in anything is toxic.

Well, it looks like they at least reduced the number of money games from last year from seven to five.

Creighton, Kansas State, Wichita State, Baylor and Memphis will fill the athletic department coffers nicely while our team gets the dog beat out of them. Just a guess on my part, but I doubt if there is any money involved with Little Rock, Arkansas State or Montana.

I wish our team well, but , as I have posted before, the athletic department is using mens basketball for nothing more than to fund the minor sports in the department. There is no commitment to mens basketball and I just hate it for our guys.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:50 am 
All-Conference

Beau wrote:
Toadsuckhoops wrote:

Wins --- 2-0
U of Ozarks - NAIA
Hannibal Whatever -NAIA

Creighton
Kansas State
Wichita St.
Arkansas State
Baylor
Little Rock
Montana
Memphis

Well, it looks like they at least reduced the number of money games from last year from seven to five.

Creighton, Kansas State, Wichita State, Baylor and Memphis will fill the athletic department coffers nicely while our team gets the dog beat out of them. Just a guess on my part, but I doubt if there is any money involved with Little Rock, Arkansas State or Montana.

I wish our team well, but , as I have posted before, the athletic department is using mens basketball for nothing more than to fund the minor sports in the department. There is no commitment to mens basketball and I just hate it for our guys.

This is a common thing among the Southland it looks like. I did see SFA only has 3, maybe 4 money games. Nicholls has 4 as well. I think if we could get UAPB & ASU on the schedule, it should cut down on travel. Also, I think it's important to evaluate money games on ability to actually win. I know it's part of the process, but I would rather play a team like SMU in Basketball than Duke. I will say that it may draw some players to play at UCA, so that they have the opportunity to play at Duke or something. I have a feeling this is a double edge sword. We do need more money thrown at UCA Basketball though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:20 pm 
All-Conference

Mulerider wrote:
Beau wrote:
Toadsuckhoops wrote:

Wins --- 2-0
U of Ozarks - NAIA
Hannibal Whatever -NAIA

Creighton
Kansas State
Wichita St.
Arkansas State
Baylor
Little Rock
Montana
Memphis

This is a common thing among the Southland it looks like. I did see SFA only has 3, maybe 4 money games. Nicholls has 4 as well. I think if we could get UAPB & ASU on the schedule, it should cut down on travel. Also, I think it's important to evaluate money games on ability to actually win. I know it's part of the process, but I would rather play a team like SMU in Basketball than Duke. I will say that it may draw some players to play at UCA, so that they have the opportunity to play at Duke or something. I have a feeling this is a double edge sword. We do need more money thrown at UCA Basketball though.

Yep, your right, it is a double edged sword under the current conditions. BTW, we do have Arkansas State on the schedule this year.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:05 am 
All-Conference

Yep, your right, it is a double edged sword under the current conditions. BTW, we do have Arkansas State on the schedule this year.[/quote]

That should be a well attended game against Arkansas State. Maybe most attended game of the season. Only problem, it's during Thanksgiving break. Have a feeling that the SFA or Sam Houston games will be better attended then. Hopefully UCA does some marketing/community involvement for ASU game.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:08 am 
Redshirt

Mulerider wrote:
Yep, your right, it is a double edged sword under the current conditions. BTW, we do have Arkansas State on the schedule this year.

That should be a well attended game against Arkansas State. Maybe most attended game of the season. Only problem, it's during Thanksgiving break. Have a feeling that the SFA or Sam Houston games will be better attended then. Hopefully UCA does some marketing/community involvement for ASU game.[/quote]

I doubtt with C Virus and holiday, game might be very small in terms of fans showing up. but then again u never know

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:56 am 
Team Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:31 pm 
Practice Squad

UCA BASKETBALL SCHEDULE ___ RANKING'S (2) (top hoop magazines 10th & 11th respectively)
• Since 2014-15 to the Present ___ Overall .292% Winning Percentage as a Program
• 2019-20 Season Recap ___ 9th Offense 74.7 PPG vs. Defense 12th 82.4 PPG + Lost five (5) of their last six (6) games in 2019.

• Two (2) basketball magazines Lindy and SN have them 10th and 11th.
• Schedule has NO -- HBU, IWU or TX-CC. ALL good chances for victory. OUCH
• NO NAIA games because Covid-19. Double OUCH.
• Non-Conference __ OLE MISS (L), AK State (W) ranked 11th Sun Belt, Jackson State ranked 2nd/3rd SWAC (L) and HOGS (L) by 40+.
• Guess __ 1-3…. Non Conference.

• Southland Conference __ (2) McNeese, (2) New Orleans, (2) SFA, (2) Nicholls) (2) SE LA, (2) ACU, (2) SHSU and (1) NW State on the road.
• Guess __ 3-13…. Conference --- Horrible road squad.
• Guess Overall __ 4-16 …. Remember this roster has poor frontline and horrible defensive team. NO Koval.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:38 am 
All-Conference

Toadsuckhoops wrote:
UCA BASKETBALL SCHEDULE ___ RANKING'S (2) (top hoop magazines 10th & 11th respectively)
• Since 2014-15 to the Present ___ Overall .292% Winning Percentage as a Program
• 2019-20 Season Recap ___ 9th Offense 74.7 PPG vs. Defense 12th 82.4 PPG + Lost five (5) of their last six (6) games in 2019.

• Two (2) basketball magazines Lindy and SN have them 10th and 11th.
• Schedule has NO -- HBU, IWU or TX-CC. ALL good chances for victory. OUCH
• NO NAIA games because Covid-19. Double OUCH.
• Non-Conference __ OLE MISS (L), AK State (W) ranked 11th Sun Belt, Jackson State ranked 2nd/3rd SWAC (L) and HOGS (L) by 40+.
• Guess __ 1-3…. Non Conference.

• Southland Conference __ (2) McNeese, (2) New Orleans, (2) SFA, (2) Nicholls) (2) SE LA, (2) ACU, (2) SHSU and (1) NW State on the road.
• Guess __ 3-13…. Conference --- Horrible road squad.
• Guess Overall __ 4-16 …. Remember this roster has poor frontline and horrible defensive team. NO Koval.

Agree....things do not look promising, at best. Just wish the university would make a commitment to having a competitive mens basketball program.