It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: 2020-2021 Season
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:40 pm 
All-Conference

Beau wrote:
Toadsuckhoops wrote:
Another great effort at home. SFA defense strategy on R. Bergersen was spot on as he has poor ball handling and the 5 turnovers then effected the shooting.

Eddie K and Chatham played good and Bennett scores but massive defensive liability. See Cooper was back and he did not show.

Heard today at the game Southland Conference is now taking ten (10) teams. Too bad as the Bears loss and tonight HBU, Lamar etc wins and are fighting for the final spot.

Very sad picked 7th pre-season ___ Can't make a ten (10) team tourney. Texas CC, UCA and probably HBU stays home again for another year.

S.O.S. Dr Teague get Anthony Boone help ___ His staff is weak and track record to date overall .30% win pct. Bring in your guys not these strays from the Pennell era.

Coach Boone hang tough.

Despite the final result, I appreciate the effort the Bears put out on Monday.

IMHO, Teague will not take any action. He has failed to do so in the past. I really don't think he gives two hoots about mens basketball.

Hope the Bears can close out with a couple of wins this week.

If Boone had the option to bring in new staff, do you think he has some guys on the radar?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:08 pm 
All-Conference

Mulerider wrote:
Beau wrote:
Toadsuckhoops wrote:
Another great effort at home. SFA defense strategy on R. Bergersen was spot on as he has poor ball handling and the 5 turnovers then effected the shooting.

Eddie K and Chatham played good and Bennett scores but massive defensive liability. See Cooper was back and he did not show.

Heard today at the game Southland Conference is now taking ten (10) teams. Too bad as the Bears loss and tonight HBU, Lamar etc wins and are fighting for the final spot.

Very sad picked 7th pre-season ___ Can't make a ten (10) team tourney. Texas CC, UCA and probably HBU stays home again for another year.

S.O.S. Dr Teague get Anthony Boone help ___ His staff is weak and track record to date overall .30% win pct. Bring in your guys not these strays from the Pennell era.

Coach Boone hang tough.

Despite the final result, I appreciate the effort the Bears put out on Monday.

IMHO, Teague will not take any action. He has failed to do so in the past. I really don't think he gives two hoots about mens basketball.

Hope the Bears can close out with a couple of wins this week.

If Boone had the option to bring in new staff, do you think he has some guys on the radar?

I really have no way of knowing, but what I do know is that all head coaches are always on the lookout for good, solid coaches that eventually want to become head coaches. I suspect Anthony has some guys on his radar, but whether he would pull the trigger remains to be seen.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:17 am 
All-Conference

Not sure how I missed this, but the Bears WON on Wednesday over SELA 88-71 at the Farris Center.

With a win today at Northwestern State, the Bears will make the Southland Conference Tournament next week in Katy, Texas. I did not realize that the Southland had expanded the field because of Covid from eight to 10 teams.

Good Luck Bears.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:05 pm 
All-Conference

UCA falls to Northwestern State Saturday afternoon 79-70
The Bears finish the year with an overall mark of 5-19 and 4-12 in the league.

Seems like we have beat this to death, but, now that the season is over, will there be changes ?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:29 am 
Two-Time All-American

Beau wrote:

Seems like we have beat this to death, but, now that the season is over, will there be changes ?

No

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:23 am 
All-Conference

FOOT84 wrote:
Beau wrote:

No

The better question, I guess, is should there be changes ?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:01 am 
Practice Squad

Beau

Checking boxes scores this morning.... Typical outcome and what is truely sad even during Covid-19... The Bears were a preseason #7 and because of Covid-19, Southland invites ten (10) teams + SFA, self inflected removal for violations and that means eleven (11) teams had a shot. The Bears did not even make that.

Flush the season, now that's look forward to the ASUN in 2021-22. Well in another topic, this program is going into a hotter frying pan. Dr Teague, truely put them in a great football and baseball conference and The Bears will be competitive . As for hoops The Bears next season will be predicted next to last.

The final regular season ratings came out and the UCA Bears finished #331 out of #345.

Making it worse they and Kennessaw State are the two worst ASUN teams and two (2) programs coming in from D-2, had great seasons. I will summarize the worst going to ASUN later.

Beau ____ Changes will not come and Coach Boone probably has 1-2 years left to get competitive. I think question when last season and split coaches, UCA #260's and now dropping to #331, tells you NO new talent and recruiting was horrible... What happened to the gem brought in from Pitt?

My question to the board do the seniors come back for more beat downs? Watch the portal.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:06 pm 
All-Conference

Toadsuckhoops wrote:
Beau

Checking boxes scores this morning.... Typical outcome and what is truely sad even during Covid-19... The Bears were a preseason #7 and because of Covid-19, Southland invites ten (10) teams + SFA, self inflected removal for violations and that means eleven (11) teams had a shot. The Bears did not even make that.

Flush the season, now that's look forward to the ASUN in 2021-22. Well in another topic, this program is going into a hotter frying pan. Dr Teague, truely put them in a great football and baseball conference and The Bears will be competitive . As for hoops The Bears next season will be predicted next to last.

The final regular season ratings came out and the UCA Bears finished #331 out of #345.

Making it worse they and Kennessaw State are the two worst ASUN teams and two (2) programs coming in from D-2, had great seasons. I will summarize the worst going to ASUN later.

Beau ____ Changes will not come and Coach Boone probably has 1-2 years left to get competitive. I think question when last season and split coaches, UCA #260's and now dropping to #331, tells you NO new talent and recruiting was horrible... What happened to the gem brought in from Pitt?

My question to the board do the seniors come back for more beat downs? Watch the portal.

I agree with everything you are saying....I know I wouldn't want to come back if I were in their shoes.

You mentioned above about Dr. Teague put the football and baseball programs in very competitive situations. I am going to say something that will not happen, but it should. Teague needs to go...NOW!!!!! He has dropped the ball BIG TIME on mens basketball. Sure, he has made most of the other programs competitive, but NOT mens basketball. Just my opinion. Furthermore, it is not happening, but it needs too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:54 pm 
UserName Retired

Everyone is disappointed with the final outcomes for the season........the last few games we played more like I felt we were capable...I was tied up since the excellent win over ACU game and got behind......beat SLU like we should have....SFA is very good but Bears hung in there.....too bad they could not win vs Demons.....wish I could have seen Bergerson play in person....lacked depth at point and losing D'Andre was very hard to overcome...even with his TOs he ran the point well and could defend the opposing point...

Lots of work to do to get ready for ASUN basketball........Go Bears!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:49 pm 
UserName Retired

Central Arkansas lost two key pieces to the portal today:

Rylan Bergersen: 16.9 PPG

DeAndre Jones: 10.5 PPG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:12 pm 
All-Conference

BearCountry wrote:
Central Arkansas lost two key pieces to the portal today:

Rylan Bergersen: 16.9 PPG

DeAndre Jones: 10.5 PPG

I hate it, but I am not surprised. It is just unfortunate that the athletic administration will do NOTHING.

Many of you know that I have been a UCA fan and been close to the mens basketball program for about 40 years.

I'm done.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:06 pm 
UserName Retired

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8