It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: If we had a new BB Arena
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:30 am 
All-Conference

If we were able to build a new BB arena, where would it be built on campus? What type of arena would you say it would be comparable to? Is there any possible chance this would happen in the next 5-10 years? I just don't know how much you can update our current one.

Post subject: Re: If we had a new BB Arena
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:54 pm 
All-Conference

Mulerider wrote:
If we were able to build a new BB arena, where would it be built on campus? What type of arena would you say it would be comparable to? Is there any possible chance this would happen in the next 5-10 years? I just don't know how much you can update our current one.

I have posted this before, but I just don't see this happening any time soon.

With the tightening of the budget over the past couple of years, the money is just not there.

One location I have always kind of liked for a new facility would be at Farris Road and Dave Ward Drive, but this may be too far from center of the campus.

Of course, all of this could change if someone dropped a boat load of money to build a new facility. IMHO, that ain't happening.

Post subject: Re: If we had a new BB Arena
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:21 pm 
Practice Squad

Build a new arena on the extra land next to the Pizza Ranch... LOL

People come on _ UCA has zero money, Southland Conference has schools wanting to leaving and what UCA needs in hoops is a new direction from the AD and standing behind the program.

That will not happen ___ UCA is a football school and basketball funds w/ these 7-8 money games _ truthfully funds women sports and non-revenue men's sports. Football contributes little...Then add they draw no fans, the students are not involved, zero marketing of any programs.

Next big issue, would this administration straight to the top, prefer going back to a Division 2?

I know from a most professors at UCA __ they would vote 90% getting out D1 and send the budget money to educators and adding resources.