It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MEN BEARS 2020-21 Standings Predicted 11th _ Under 7 W. Oct.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:01 pm 
Practice Squad

TEAM CONF GB OVR
Nicholls 12-2 - 15-6
Abilene Christian 11-2 0.5 19-4
Sam Houston State 11-2 0.5 17-7
Stephen F. Austin 10-2 1 14-4
Northwestern State 8-5 3.5 9-15
Incarnate Word 5-6 5.5 8-10
New Orleans 5-7 6 6-14
SE Louisiana 5-8 6.5 7-15
McNeese 4-8 7 10-11
Lamar 4-10 8 6-17
Houston Baptist 3-9 8 4-16
Central Arkansas 3-10 8.5 4-17 Predicting loss SFA, win SELA and loss NWL.
Texas A&M-CC 1-11 10 4-17

Post subject: Re: MEN BEARS 2020-21 Standings Predicted 11th _ Under 7 W.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:19 am 
Practice Squad

Back in October predicted 11th place finish and the Over/Under TOT wins under seven (7). Note the 7th place finish the conference coaches projected. The Covid-19 and adding ten (10) teams and SFA is out for violations for one year. You can't place in the Top 11?

12th place, statistically the worst defensive program in Southland and again for seven (7) straight years, NO bench and with the seniors and NO portal opportunities, the next chapter 2021-22, going to the ASUN and per national ratings with going twelve (12) teams, UCA will be ranked 11th only below a horrible Kennesaw State program... Plus, the scheduling and bus rides and the hours... UCA can't win on the road. Again under seven (7) again and still tracking at .30% winning percentage.

How ironic our President Davis at UCA came from Kennesaw State who just finished #335 out #341 D-1 programs in the power rankings. UCA finished at #321.

Means UCA is in the bottom 6% in ALL college basketball, buried in the bottom with Southland and SWAC schools.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:20 pm 
All-Conference

I would think if possible to go after more in state players. Especially around the Little Rock area. Keep those boys home. Additionally I would think maybe we could steal some higher caliber D2 players? Only other option would be to go the JUCO route, which would bring short term success. You are going to have to get players that want to play at UCA.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:28 pm 
All-Conference

Mulerider wrote:
I would think if possible to go after more in state players. Especially around the Little Rock area. Keep those boys home. Additionally I would think maybe we could steal some higher caliber D2 players? Only other option would be to go the JUCO route, which would bring short term success. You are going to have to get players that want to play at UCA.

That is a HUGE problem Mulerider. I was told by a head coach at one of the Little Rock schools that he had only one coach from UCA to recruit his kids over a 12-15 year period and that was Pennell.

I inquired about that and it does appear we have completely stopped recruiting Little Rock and the state. The one's from Arkansas that do come usually are interested in the Honors College or something special pertaining to their major.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:11 pm 
UserName Retired

Well you are not going to get anyone if you don't spend the time to let the high school coaches know you will take care of their kids and that takes effort....hard to believe there are not 2-3 Arkansas high schools seniors each year that have the capability and potential to play .....academics can be an issue in some cases.....D1 basketball is very competitive for talent.....still we play a lot of basketball throughout the state.........I am no D1 (or D2 or D2 or NAIA or juco) basketball coach but I think I would take a couple road trips each summer around the state to NWA, LR area and Ft Smith area and spend 30 minutes with as many HS coaches as I could just to meet and greet and be prepared to take a tongue lashing from several for not giving their kids more attention in the past...drop each note to thank them for their time then go back next summer and let them know you were not kidding the prior year....not sure there is any easy answer....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:20 am 
Redshirt

JRK wrote:
Well you are not going to get anyone if you don't spend the time to let the high school coaches know you will take care of their kids and that takes effort....hard to believe there are not 2-3 Arkansas high schools seniors each year that have the capability and potential to play .....academics can be an issue in some cases.....D1 basketball is very competitive for talent.....still we play a lot of basketball throughout the state.........I am no D1 (or D2 or D2 or NAIA or juco) basketball coach but I think I would take a couple road trips each summer around the state to NWA, LR area and Ft Smith area and spend 30 minutes with as many HS coaches as I could just to meet and greet and be prepared to take a tongue lashing from several for not giving their kids more attention in the past...drop each note to thank them for their time then go back next summer and let them know you were not kidding the prior year....not sure there is any easy answer....

What about running a camp, where the teams come in and play 4-5 games over a set weekend? That would be good to get guys on campus too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:04 pm 
All-Conference

FaulknerFrank_ wrote:
JRK wrote:

What about running a camp, where the teams come in and play 4-5 games over a set weekend? That would be good to get guys on campus too.

Are you referring to AAU? They already host games at McGee and Don Owens.