It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Realistic Expectations for the Program
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:11 pm 
All-Conference

What are realistic expections we can see for the future of MBB? I'm hoping for a .500 season, but that is so tough when you have to play so many money games.

Also, any guess on a new arena? I would think the old arena could turn into a pratice gym for the MBB/WBB, as well as for graduations. Whatever the case is, we have to have one of the ugliest gyms and don't come close to filling it.

Yes, I understand it's all about money, but come on. ATU has a better gym in many reguards.

Allen Arena with Lipscomb is a great example of a small arena that would be ideal for UCA in the future. Also, maybe they could build something with lower level seating only, then with the abiltiy to expand to an upper deck in the future? The new Liberty arena is nice, but out of hands for UCA. The old Vines center is pretty cool though.

Post subject: Re: Realistic Expectations for the Program
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:35 pm 
All-Conference

Sorry probably should have focused more on the program. 14 teams in the conference. We should have beaten FGC. Could we expect to say even be a 7th or 8th best progam overall?

I feel like obviously recruiting is key, but don't tell me we can't get some solid JC guys from in-state or even some 501 area code guys. Maybe this will happen as Conway grows. UCA will defintely have to get some better facilties overall though. Softball has finally got some new stuff. Baseball could use an upgrade though. Football really probably needs a bigger covered/indoor pratice facility.

Does UCA charge athletic fees as well to the students? I think all in-state schools outside of U of A does.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:41 pm 
UserName Retired

Athletic fee is $20 per credit hour

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:05 am 
2nd Team

Someone said one of the two freshman recruits departed at semester. Not sure if true or not. I was hoping to see the local Vilonia kid play both sports, but recognize that’s hard for a skilled position like Qb. Kid can flat out shoot. At one point I know he had D1 interest in both sports. Be nice just to have another shooter on the bench to pull from. And I agree they had the FGC in hand. That 4 point play was a big time momentum swing. I was hopeful this team could go 600 but 500 is gonna be a stretch.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:19 am 
UserName Retired

Overall caliber of players seem to be gradually improving but still not enough depth...

Just saw film of a late 2022 signee from Bentonville West who is 6'9'...he moves well and handles the ball well....reputation is that of being a total team player, very tough defender and good work in the paint...Mother was All-SEC at Tennessee under Pat Summitt..

Hoping I can get to one of his games vs local 7A West teams soon.....