It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2023-2024 Season (Conference Play)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:39 am 
All-Conference

Happy New Year! Hope everyone is doing well!

Does UCA have any kind of a chance to make noise in conference play? 3-12 and we currenty have the worst record in the ASUN. I feel like this team is so much better than the record, but something needs fixed.

Is this Anthony Boone's last season as head coach? Nice enough guy, but something may need to change..

Post subject: Re: 2023-2024 Season (Conference Play)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:58 pm 
2nd Team

I agree you couldn’t find a more stand up guy. I know it’s tough to recruit D1 talent to schools like UCA. Williamson struggled too. Some might argue without Jordan Howard those too would have been a little rougher times.

Boone has had some good recruits, but that being said we have recruited a couple that left me scratching my head. Sadly 9-22 doesn’t work anywhere. One of those wins was against Hendrix.

We have played some good games this year with team ball, but then turn around and I just see a lot of forced shots. Players getting theirs for the stat book. I hope Boone can turn it around.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:56 am 
All-Conference

PurpleHaze wrote:
I agree you couldn’t find a more stand up guy. I know it’s tough to recruit D1 talent to schools like UCA. Williamson struggled too. Some might argue without Jordan Howard those too would have been a little rougher times.

Boone has had some good recruits, but that being said we have recruited a couple that left me scratching my head. Sadly 9-22 doesn’t work anywhere. One of those wins was against Hendrix.

We have played some good games this year with team ball, but then turn around and I just see a lot of forced shots. Players getting theirs for the stat book. I hope Boone can turn it around.

I agree with everything you said.

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I have seen the Bears play two to three times.
They are young, but they have some good players. I am particularly high on Tucker Anderson. Too me, he is the REAL deal.

I don't know much about the conference...still learning about the ASUN.

Yes, it is tough to recruit to UCA and I am a BIG fan of Anthony Boone, but when the administration doesn't support you, it is pretty much a no win situation. I just wished people in the upper administration cared about more than the almighty dollar. Damn, I just don't want to start on that again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:14 pm 
All-Conference

Big game coming up tommrow night against EKU at home. We really need to win this one.

Does anyone know if basketball games are better attend on a weekday vs weekend?

My guess is you get more students during the weekday games, but more general public on weekends, but no idea.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:46 pm 
Redshirt

Just looking at some of last year’s box scores, weekend games out attended the midweeks by double or more. Around 400 during the week and anywhere from 1200-1600 on weekend game.