It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Head Coach-Anthony Boone-Stay or Go?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:47 am 
All-Conference

Does Anthony Boone get another chance next season? Is there really any future ceiling for UCA Basketball? Do people care?

All of these questions need to be anwsered.

He has done much better than Corliss did, but maybe slightly under Russ? It really hurts the program having to schedule so many unwinable games against Top 25 teams. I understand they are money games, but I wish they could be balanced out better year to year. Additionally, can we quit playing against Champion Baptist? I understand CBC being across town, but Champion does nothing for us. It would be more profitable to play against Arkansas Tech or UAFS.

I think Anthony Boone has done as good as anyone can currently with the UCA program, but I think it's time for him to move on. Time for UCA to go after an alumni type guy or possibly up and coming D2/D3 coach. I don't think you are going to get any kind of D1 HC to move, but possibly a lower level assistant.

One last point. Without a plan to improve the basketball arena or build an additional facility, there is only so much that is going to improve. I think at this point, it would be a new smaller arena (similar to maybe what Arkansas Tech has) and then turn the old gym into a pratice gym for MBB/WBB. Volleyball could continue to rotate between the Prince/Farris center.

I understand other sports facilties need improvements as well. Football needs a larger indoor facility and baseball needs some more upkeep/improvements.

I understand, it's a money game just like everywhere else. I think in time as UCA continues to grow as well as Conway, this will happen. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Post subject: Re: Head Coach-Anthony Boone-Stay or Go?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:25 am 
Two-Time All-American

Mulerider wrote:
Does Anthony Boone get another chance next season? Is there really any future ceiling for UCA Basketball? Do people care?

All of these questions need to be anwsered.

He has done much better than Corliss did, but maybe slightly under Russ? It really hurts the program having to schedule so many unwinable games against Top 25 teams. I understand they are money games, but I wish they could be balanced out better year to year. Additionally, can we quit playing against Champion Baptist? I understand CBC being across town, but Champion does nothing for us. It would be more profitable to play against Arkansas Tech or UAFS.

I think Anthony Boone has done as good as anyone can currently with the UCA program, but I think it's time for him to move on. Time for UCA to go after an alumni type guy or possibly up and coming D2/D3 coach. I don't think you are going to get any kind of D1 HC to move, but possibly a lower level assistant.

One last point. Without a plan to improve the basketball arena or build an additional facility, there is only so much that is going to improve. I think at this point, it would be a new smaller arena (similar to maybe what Arkansas Tech has) and then turn the old gym into a pratice gym for MBB/WBB. Volleyball could continue to rotate between the Prince/Farris center.

I understand other sports facilties need improvements as well. Football needs a larger indoor facility and baseball needs some more upkeep/improvements.

I understand, it's a money game just like everywhere else. I think in time as UCA continues to grow as well as Conway, this will happen. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:43 am 
All-Conference

343 out of 362 in the "NET" rankings. Pretty sad.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:21 pm 
UserName Retired

Ranking is very sad....have not been able to keep up as well this season but try to watch the box scores and occasionally radio broadcasts....will be looking at further but I would support more time....losing Cam Hunter at start of season was a big hit to scoring and defense at a critical time....that may have cost the Bears 7-8 games....being 16-15 would look a lot better....we are still mostly a FR/SOPH team and new comers have contributed....true FR Tucker Anderson had been terrific ( as I expected after watching him in high school).....I think recruiting may be solid this year also....

There is a crackerjack player at a 6A school I get to watch who is D1 talent in the making...and apparently has not decided where to play next season after graduation....6'5 guard/forward type who, like Anderson, is a top-notch all-around player......"5 Tool" player as they say in baseball...great ball handling, strong rebounding, excellent perimeter and FT shooting, floor leader mentality and tight defender....probably a little heavier than Anderson which would help...hope we are on to him.....

I would favor dropping a couple of the toughest road games for a few seasons.....and drop the NAIA/D3 teams except as exhibition games ....Ok to keep Hendrix for old times sake and "good citizenship" in Conway....

Go Bears!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:45 pm 
Redshirt

https://x.com/ucambb/status/1764041288536756560?s=46

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm 
All-Conference

Wonder if teague will leave campus to find the replacement

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:30 am 
All-Conference

huggy_bear wrote:
Wonder if teague will leave campus to find the replacement

Heck, I just wish he would leaveā€¦..PERIOD!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:26 am 
Practice Squad

This program is and has been complete dumpster fire.

The assistants pure and simple could never help assist Coach Boone and the same the happened with Pennell.

They need a mind with a business plan to sell seats and draw interest and second a recruiting plan (HS and JUCO/Portal).

The girls have done it immediately | Teague hire basketball guy and stay out of the way.

Coach Boone TY for ALL you did and your class act | As for the basketball staff you had a great ride but need to look in mirror and realize way over your head in this tough business.

It's ALL on Teague!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:57 pm 
All-Conference

Toadsuckhoops wrote:
This program is and has been complete dumpster fire.

The assistants pure and simple could never help assist Coach Boone and the same the happened with Pennell.

They need a mind with a business plan to sell seats and draw interest and second a recruiting plan (HS and JUCO/Portal).

The girls have done it immediately | Teague hire basketball guy and stay out of the way.

Coach Boone TY for ALL you did and your class act | As for the basketball staff you had a great ride but need to look in mirror and realize way over your head in this tough business.

It's ALL on Teague!

Damn right, it is all on Teague.
He should resign immediately!!!
If he refuses, he should be fired!!!

Enough is enough!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:54 pm 
Redshirt

Coach Boone, thank you for your duty as the head coach here in Conway. Best wishes into your future.

Heard Hendrix coach just resigned.. Would love to see you over there.

Great family man here in Conway. Hope they'd give him a look.