It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New coach
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:42 am 
All-Conference

purplebruinfan wrote:
I'm sick of the talk about a new arena. What is wrong with the Farris Center?Only thing wrong is all the empty seats. I was in it when it opened in 1973 and it has been well cared for 50 years. I can imagine an empty new arena if Shulman doesnt do what Kemper has acc

In 2024 I can tell you:

1.Ceiling Tiles/Lighting above both sides of seating.

https://ucasports.com/common/controls/i ... ION_II.jpg

2.Improve food offerings
3.Sound System seems to still has quite a few quirks even though it has gotten better in some ways. The production value seems to be solid throughout the game.
4.Offer better deals for families in the community. Maybe a 4 pack deal? What about a local citizen season pass or pick 5 games deal? At least until the games are better attended (Not directly related to arena).
5. Bathrooms need updating.
6. Fresh up the hallways and entry way.
7. Get the broadcast mounted somewhere and not in the middle of the seating area.
8. Chairbacks need an updated coat of paint. The purple and gray are outdated. The new more bold (brighter?) purple is much better!

This all needs to happen if UCA is committed to the Farris Center. Maybe sponsors such as New Life Church, US Bank, etc, can help.

9. Bonus!-New Middle Court Scoreboard would nice. Supposidly this is fairly new? I saw a picture of a four sided scoreboard that was an old one?