It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:05 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

I'm sre there is some way to move media up to he top somewhere. There are positives and negatives to moving off press from the front row.

I just cant wait to see the day when this discussion becomes trully relevant when the students come out so much we have to start thinking in these terms!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:13 pm 
UserName Retired

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
I just cant wait to see the day when this discussion becomes trully relevant when the students come out so much we have to start thinking in these terms!

Amen!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:23 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Info on Stanford's Maples Center....... this data is a few years old from when they were remodeling......

http://gostanford.cstv.com/facilities/stan-maples.html

"After the renovation is complete, the building's capacity will be 7,233.

While the renovation is nearing completion, the Stanford men's basketball program will play its 2004-05 exhibition game (Nov. 13 vs Concordia University) at the Leavey Center on the campus of Santa Clara University (capacity 4,500). The Cardinal women's basketball team will play four home games at Santa Clara. The Cardinal women's volleyball team will play its entire 2004 home schedule on the Stanford campus at Burnham Pavilion (capacity 1,200). In the last several years, Maples Pavilion has become one of the hottest environments for college basketball. "Maples Pavilion has become one of the West's most notorious pits," wrote Arizona Republic sports columnist Greg Hansen. "The Maples Pavilion crowd has a unique feature or two. They are, oh, maybe 3 1/2 inches from the court ... And the raucous Stanford pep band makes it impossible to carry on a conversation."

Comment ....Put the old folks up above the railing and the students (and rowdies) down below.....maybe the pressbox could be at the railing somehow.....someday we will need all the seating.....Brad needs to promote, promote, promote....students need to fill 3000 seats themselves....

GoBears!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:44 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

hmmm, that sounds eerily similar to Cameron Indoor Stadium, where they at least attempt to shove media row where it normally goes courtside(minus the radio/tv broadcast positions, which are in a loft on the other side of the Stadium)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:40 am 
Two-Time All-American

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
hmmm, that sounds eerily similar to Cameron Indoor Stadium, where they at least attempt to shove media row where it normally goes courtside(minus the radio/tv broadcast positions, which are in a loft on the other side of the Stadium)

I am sure that we can find a place to put David McCollum since he seems to be the only media that comes to the game. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:25 am 
Starter

It would be nice to have a section for students :arrow: away from kids. And I do not consider where the band plays a student section (seeing as we would get asked to move every game). I hope they keep the chairs on the sideline otherwise I will probably just have to stand there all game. We use to take sofas to the stadium at unk and sit on the sideline. But the games were sponsored by Runza (part of "the herd") and you got free Runza's and shirts. unl also did the same kind of thing but through Valentinos pizza (free pizza/shirt for student section).

Go Huskers!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:32 pm 
Starter

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
the pep band is in that mix already with where they are situated in the south end. Our pep band was absolutely second to none in playing and spirit/heckling, they have that down already. They did a great job this season. The only one that could even remotely compare playing wise was Northwestern St. and that was it, at least from the one's I got to see, which was quite a few. I could see putting the rest of the students on the courtside though. By the end of the women's season, it looked as if some of hte students had made their way to those seats anyway, at least the oneso n the south end. I'm not sure if, or how many sat in the south end seats for the guys' games, but I'm sure someone could fill me in on that.

I love our pep band. Steven Smyth has taken our Basketball Pep Band to another level and folks he ain't done with 'em yet. No wonder here several years ago I gave them the moniker that is even more truer today:

'THE PURPLE RAGE"--THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS PEP BAND."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:38 pm 
Team Captain

I'll say it again, the banners need updating. Get rid of all those "1975 AIC track banners" for crying out loud. Are you kidding me? Why is that even up there? Plus we have about 5 shades of purple on the banners. Let's just keep the basketball banners (updated and modern looking of course) and move the others to storage.

The new lighting is awesome. The new Southland logos and floor finish are awesome too. It will be better in '07. Can't wait for midnight madness this Friday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:29 pm 
Two-Time All-American

A little hard to show track banners at the track.....ASTC and SCA had some great track teams ....

GoBears!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:31 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Catblue 1230 wrote:
Bear Fan 101 wrote:
the pep band is in that mix already with where they are situated in the south end. Our pep band was absolutely second to none in playing and spirit/heckling, they have that down already. They did a great job this season. The only one that could even remotely compare playing wise was Northwestern St. and that was it, at least from the one's I got to see, which was quite a few. I could see putting the rest of the students on the courtside though. By the end of the women's season, it looked as if some of hte students had made their way to those seats anyway, at least the oneso n the south end. I'm not sure if, or how many sat in the south end seats for the guys' games, but I'm sure someone could fill me in on that.

I love our pep band. Steven Smyth has taken our Basketball Pep Band to another level and folks he ain't done with 'em yet. No wonder here several years ago I gave them the moniker that is even more truer today:

Great name for pep band...now just put 4000 Bearb...tts in the seats.

GoBears!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:16 pm 
Redshirt

Farmboy24 wrote:
To use a quote from an administrator in regards to a screen in Farris, "if we can draw more a couple hundred, then yes! But until then, its a long ways off."

Good news is that if it constructed by the same company as the ones who are building the screen for football, then Channel 6 can definitely do basketball games too.

That's what ASU has been doing for the past 6-7 years with ASU-TV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:26 pm 
All-Conference

Catblue 1230 wrote:

So you're the one who came up with that name? I always wondered where it came from.

I was in the pep band in the early days of taunting the players with the total disregard for manners used now :D, think of it as the alpha-version of the Purple Rage. I spent some good nights in Farris making some GSC players a little more self-conscious. 8) I only wish we had the sweet hockey jerseys like they do now.

I think the one thing the Purple Rage is still missing is a signature song (no, you can't count the fight song). If they get known for a particular song, then they'll have the whole package.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:08 pm 
UserName Retired

I talked to an administrator in athletics and he said they couldn't get rid of the side goals and the two main goals and put in two movable goals because where would they put the goals? Can't put them in the hallway, it's a fire hazard. I told him they could put them in one of the seats behind the giant white wall that surrounds the fans and keeps them away from the action. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: