It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:58 am 
All-American

GREAT turnout for a Friday night. Not as good as it was last year, but still will attended.

I don't know if it is possible, but I think the Sugarbears may be better than last year. They have acquired some good players, but it will take some time to develop the chemistry.

The men, I just don't know. The guards look good, but after that, they look somewhat questionable. Hope it is not a long year, but I think it could be. Hope I am wrong.

Burly Bear :D

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:20 pm 
All-Conference

As far as the action on friday night, I was really impressed be the play of Fernando Johnson. He did not play much last year, but he came out at midnight madness and blocked several shots and made a presence in the lane. If he continues to improve, he could be a real good player for the Bears.

Post subject: Basketball attendance......
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:25 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Glad to hear people are finally starting to show up for basketball. We had pitiful attendance when I was at UCA. Whenever I needed to study for a big exam or something I would go to a Bear basketball game cause the library wasn't as peaceful and quiet as the Farris Center us to be.

Go Burrrrrs!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:39 pm 
UserName Retired

I attended the midnight madness and saw tons of people there. The games before the practices were more like which frat or sorority could yell the loudest. I was not impressed with the shooting of either the guys or the girls, but it was the first practice. I am good friends with Chi Seals(I attended UCA when she did and covered her in the paper and yearbook) and assistant Jeremy(church) and they are both excited and nervous about playing this year. I chanted "outside shot" when the men practiced the dunkfest..which doesn't impress me much..I'm 6'2" and can dunk a basketball..not showtime, but I can get it through the hoop. 8) Overall, I guess I will be buying season tickets..who else? Will you?