PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:47 pm 
UserName Retired

Good effort by the Bears....but only 617 there to see it! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:19 pm 
Two-Time All-American

joshuca wrote:

Wednesday night is a church night. I don't understand why the SLC has moved games away from Thursday but it definitely isn't fan friendly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:29 am 
UserName Retired

UCAMonkey wrote:
joshuca wrote:

Wednesday night is a church night. I don't understand why the SLC has moved games away from Thursday but it definitely isn't fan friendly.

That's for sure!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:41 am 
UserName Retired

[url=http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=news&sportid=6&article=2902]CARDS TAKE LAST-SECOND VICTORY OVER BEARS
[/url]

[url=http://www.thecabin.net/stories/020509/spo_0205090024.shtml]Bears' rally falls short on late shot
[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:41 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Quote:
Wednesday night is a church night

No offense but we have nearly 4000 students in campus housing and several thousand more in apartments within 10 minutes of Farris...I'll bet church was not where they were.......we can do better than this.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:36 am 
UserName Retired

BearsFan52 wrote:
.......we can do better than this.....

The only way better will be achieved is to establish a winning program. That is a little sad to say but it is the truth. You are not going to increase attendance with a mediocre program. As the saying goes - build it and they will come. We haven't exactly excelled in men's basketball here in several years. There has been nothing to get excited about and the fandom has dwindled because of that. Case in reverse, the football program. See what it has accomplished with a winning program over the tenure of the present coaching staff?

No need to harp about school spirit and supporting the team regardless of results. It just doesn't work that way in sports. You probably can't find 5 teams, make that three, nationwide that basically fills up the arena with fans that have a record of .500 or less in college ball. It is considerably easier to promote and support a winning program than a soso one.

Until somehow we get excitement back into the program, don't really expect much of a rise in attendance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:08 am 
All-American

BearsFan52 wrote:
Quote:
Wednesday night is a church night

No offense but we have nearly 4000 students in campus housing and several thousand more in apartments within 10 minutes of Farris...I'll bet church was not where they were.......we can do better than this.....

I understand there were at least two different programs on campus Wednesday night where there were large gatherings of students. One event in the Student Center, I was told, had over 400 students in attendance.

Apparently, there was alot going on Wednesday night at UCA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:08 am 
UserName Retired

I'm going to agree with you on this one HB. We can't expect people to show up for a mediocre (at best) program...if we want to see more people in the seats, then some serious change is needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:40 pm 
Two-Time All-American

I guess you guys don't believe fan support enthuses the team to achieve....my bet is with 2500+ loud fans in building you get better effort....you also get more interest from recruits.....I can understand why townsfolk don't come (these are the fair weather fans although there money spends) but no way I would have missed a Bears game in my day......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:04 pm 
Two-Time All-American

joshuca wrote:
I'm going to agree with you on this one HB. We can't expect people to show up for a mediocre (at best) program...if we want to see more people in the seats, then some serious change is needed.
BINGO Josh. If something sucks, it doesn't matter if you're giving the tickets away. They Ain't Coming. :oops: