It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Overheard at UCA Field
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:40 am 
UserName Retired

So, we know we had two seniors - Brewer and Marks.

Some are saying that our leading scorer is headed to Arkansas Tech.
Some are also saying that the #3 scorer is headed to ASU - and may not even play basketball.

That would leave Brown and Reuter as the only two to start more than 10 games and average more than 3.2 points per game. (UPDATE: Pouncy did average 10.1ppg)

IF --- IF this is true, you have ask yourself why these players would be leaving after their junior season. IF this is true, what's causing these decisions to be made?

Anyone else heard this? Is it true? Anyone else on their way out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:53 am 
UserName Retired

Hmmmm.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:07 am 
UserName Retired

Quote:
IF this is true, you have ask yourself why these players would be leaving after their junior season. IF this is true, what's causing these decisions to be made?

If this has merit to it then it is rather evident that Chappell has lost control of this program. I'm wanting to think and hope that Teague realizes something has to be done. I know he likes seeing fans in the stands and as long as this program digresses attendance will not improve.

A mass exodus of players at this point in their career speaks volumes. I just hope somebody is listening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:42 am 
UserName Retired

Rumors. :roll: I guess it would pay to ask coach himself. Clear it right up. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:57 am 
Team Captain

For some reason,I didn't want to break this.I heard about it at the Friday baseball game (Texas St.).Then I talked with one of the remaining players and he said that Brooks Taylor was definately gone and Marcus was 90% gone. Looks like both of our basketball teams will be very different next year.Is that altogether bad?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:59 am 
Redshirt

I talk to coach Trembley, he said that there trying to fill five scholarships.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:13 am 
UserName Retired

purplebruinfan wrote:
Is that altogether bad?

IMO, there ia a huge difference between the two programs as far as a house cleaning goes. Chappell has been here for several years now and this type of move, if true, is basically unheard of by a coach of his tenure. Daniels on the other hand is trying to start fresh after one year at the helm. Not saying if he is right or wrong but Daniels' reasons for doing it are a lot more understandable and acceptable for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:31 am 
UserName Retired

shorman2 wrote:
I talk to coach Trembley, he said that there trying to fill five scholarships.

I am not very knowledgeable about how many scholarships we are allowed to have....so does this mean that since we've lost 2 seniors that 3 players are moving on or did we not fill all of our scholarships last season?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:27 pm 
Practice Squad

The skinny is that even his family thinks he should return but Marcus believes his three-year slide in producton is because he is not allowed enough freedom to shoot. Those who do attend all or most of the games (not a certain consistent critic, by the way) know he has more freedom than any other and only randomly delivers or hustles, especially on defense - a major liability when coupled with a prolonged slump in your supposed specialty, shooting the ball. He needs a real work ethic on the court and in practice. Common complaint among his fellow players.

It was a difficult season with Sims working himself out of school, Pouncy hurt, Brown uneven, Reuter back from major surgery and some pretty uneven play, especially offensively, to be sure. Big changes are needed with personnel. I think Brad and the coaches are on the same page. In fact, they are. At least for a couple more years and then we will all see where we are.

Only one person's opinion, of course, no more or less valid than aybody else's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:31 pm 
Redshirt

Bear friends wrote:
The skinny is that even his family thinks he should return but Marcus believes his three-year slide in producton is because he is not allowed enough freedom to shoot.

I've gotten on here just to read and didn't have an account made, but I can honestly say that you are wrong with what you heard. It has NOTHING to do with the freedom to shoot. More with the direction the program is going and the lack of control Chappell has over the program. Please, don't try to make his move sound as selfish as you did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:53 pm 
UserName Retired

JustAFan wrote:
More with the direction the program is going and the lack of control Chappell has over the program. Please, don't try to make his move sound as selfish as you did.

The first sentence seems to be what several people on here think, I think. Bear friends last sentence did say it was only his opinion such as what you wrote was your opinion. Unless we back up our statements with a source then we all are just full of opinions. No harm, no foul. We all have our reasons for not citing sources, myself included. However, the ones of us who know each other personally on this board do put some stock in what is posted by certain people on here.

Welcome to the board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:57 pm 
Two-Time All-American

JustAFan...welcome aboard....whatever the reason I hope Marcus decides to come back for his senior year......he will have my support as a fan.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:58 pm 
Redshirt

Honey Bear wrote:
JustAFan wrote:
More with the direction the program is going and the lack of control Chappell has over the program. Please, don't try to make his move sound as selfish as you did.

The first sentence seems to be what several people on here think, I think. Bear friends last sentence did say it was only his opinion such as what you wrote was your opinion.

Welcome to the board.

Thank you. Glad to be here, but what I stated wasn't an opinion. When the time comes, I will EXACTLY how I know and where my information came from. I only got on here to clear that up.