It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2009-2010 Schedule
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:24 pm 
UserName Retired

I'm sure that we have a ways to go before the official schedule is released, so maybe someone in the department should give Missouri a call!

Missouri-Mens
Type: Game
Dates: 10/15/2009 to 01/06/2010

The Missouri Tigers are looking for several games for the upcoming season. We are searching for a road game, and guarantee games in Columbia, MO. Also looking for a 2 for 1. Our top 3 scorers were seniors this past season.
zimmermanm@missouri.edu
Date Posted: 04/20/2009
Last Updated: 04/20/2009

Basketball Traveler's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:24 pm 
UserName Retired

Ha!
"Our top 3 scorers were seniors this past season."
Interesting comment.

Post subject: Re: 2009-2010 Schedule
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:23 pm 
UserName Retired

joshuca wrote:
I'm sure that we have a ways to go before the official schedule is released, so maybe someone in the department should give Missouri a call!

Missouri-Mens
Type: Game
Dates: 10/15/2009 to 01/06/2010

The Missouri Tigers are looking for several games for the upcoming season. We are searching for a road game, and guarantee games in Columbia, MO. Also looking for a 2 for 1. Our top 3 scorers were seniors this past season. Contact: matthew zimmerman, 573-882-0717 or 573-882-3463
zimmermanm@missouri.edu
Date Posted: 04/20/2009
Last Updated: 04/20/2009

Basketball Traveler's

"rattle rattle"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:50 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Mike Anderson is a fine recruiter so he probably has talent stuffed away. Play them early before he gets new guys worked into their pressing schemes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:11 pm 
UserName Retired

I would love to play Missouri...it would be great if we could be their 2 for 1! Could you imagine...Missouri coming into the Farris Center! When we start winning more games and getting some bigger name programs into the Farris Center, that is when you will see the attendance start going up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:54 pm 
Two-Time All-American

we'd have to give Missouri a 4 for 1 or something.

Looking back through their schedules, the last 2 for 1 with a smaller school I saw them do was with Davidson, with it going @Mizzou, @Davidson, @Mizzou in 2004-2006. And, that was back when Missouri wasn't very good (they lost @Davidson, even). With where their program is now, I don't see Central Arkansas being anywhere near the top of their pecking order for a 2-for-1 series.

And, I don't think we should have to rely on getting bigger name programs into the Farris Center for attendance to go up. People should be coming to see the Bears, regardless of who the opponent is (to an extent. I can see not having any great desire to watch Rhema or Haskell and the like).

Bowling Green ain't Missouri, but that's a decent Division I school that folks have heard of, and we drew a robust 685 to that bad boy. That's a much bigger name program than Arkansas-Monticello, but it hasn't been all that long since we were drawing more than twice that squaring off against the Weevils.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:45 am 
UserName Retired

The names don't mean much if you're not winning.
The attendance in football as an example:
Quincy - Attendance: 10873
SHSU (Homecoming) - Attendance: 12312
McNeese - Attendance: 10220

More people for Quincy is probably due to weather/hunting/etc. But the point is: we still got a relatively high (announced) attendance against an NAIA team. People will watch good teams play against bad/inferior teams. But people won't watch bad teams - period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:58 pm 
Two-Time All-American

What was SLC men's basketball attendance this past season for each team?

Winning teams always helps and "name" opponents (as well TV games) always helps....

On the other hand, big crowds helps home team to play to their best...no one likes to get beat in front of a big crowd of fans....

Seems to me like this has to work from both ends.....keep working to improve the team and keep working to get 1500+ students at each game with 2500+ at big games....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:03 pm 
UserName Retired

A little birdie has told me some very interesting news about how this upcoming season could start!

Let's just say it involves ESPN's College Hoops Marathon, which is like 24 hours of straight basketball games to start off the basketball season. Obviously, nothing is official yet, but it could involve us having a game in the Farris Center on ESPN...of course it could be really early in the morning, but who knows!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:06 am 
All-Conference

Nice!

Good luck - glad ESPN is doing that HoopsMarathon again. It was a great way to usher in the season and had some nice matchups!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:29 am 
All-Conference

Cal-State Fullerton...guessing there's another team that will face both SFA and UCA.

Cal State Fullerton – The Titans will play in a tournament at Utah State along with Weber State and Morehead State and will also play in a classic at Stephen F. Austin with Central Arkansas.

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/goodmanonfox/2009/06/23/BIG_WEST_OFFSEASON_RUNDOWN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:28 am 
UserName Retired

I also heard that last night Dr. Teague filled in a few pieces of the bball schedule. We will be playing The Citadel in the Farris Center as well as playing @Tennessee Tech, @Memphis, and @Kansas!! I was told that he also said we will be gettig $150,000 for those four game!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:35 am 
All-Conference

Kansas and Memphis are probably giving you guys $70k-80k each.

Would think Tennessee Tech is a home-and-away with no guarantee. Would make sense...though if you are getting $150k from three guarantee games, that's a bit of a low figure.

Kansas is an experience. Went there last Thanksgiving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:12 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Wow...Memphis and Kansas...better enjoy the money, the BBQ, The Phog and The Wagon Wheel.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:08 am 
UserName Retired

Hoops at Memphis, Kansas; football at Colorado likely for UCA

He doesn't mention The Citadel, but I guess that is all still subject to change.

Quote:
The University of Central Arkansas men’s basketball team will likely have games at the University of Memphis and Kansas this season, and a contract has been signed that will match the UCA football team against the University of Colorado at Boulder, Colo., in 2013.

Brad Teague, UCA’s athletic director, said the games at Memphis and Kansas are part of a four-game tournament that will be spread over two weeks at different sites. The Bears will play road games at Memphis, Kansas and Tennessee Tech (Cookeville, Tenn.) and will have a home game against a team to be determined.

“A big thing is you’re playing four games but because it’s a tournament, it counts as one game as far as what you’re allowed to schedule,” said Teague, who said the logistics and technicalities involving the setup of the tournament are about 90 percent complete.

The UCA athletic program will receive $150,000 for the Bears participating in the tournament, Teague said.“And a game in Memphis should be very appealing to our alumni because we have a good alumni base in Memphis, it’s a short drive and a lot of our fans should like to see a game in the FedEx Forum (Memphis’ home court),” Teague said.