It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:22 am 
Redshirt

I played for the Bears from 87-91 yeah back in the days of being ranked in the top 5 in the country and almost winning a national title in 91. Granted it was NAIA back then but it was still college ball. Listed below are my thoughts on the updating the Farris Center.

1. Until you get larger crowds at the Farris Center it would be a waste of money. We filled it one time when I was playing and that was the 1990 AIC Tourney Championship game against Harding and most of the fans were from Harding. If it was not for the football team, baseball team and a few devoted fans (Monty Rowell) the Farris Center would have been empty for most games. Students hardly ever supported the basketball teams.

2. Get rid of the five foot concrete walls and move what fans are at the games closer to the playing floor.

3. Forget about updating the dressing rooms. Most of the guys that played with me did not come to UCA for the dressing room. We came because we knew the coaching staff had a successful history of winning games.

4. Turn the heat on in the building. It was always like 42 degrees.

5. Get the students involved more. Easier said than done but find a way!!

Once you get the crowds coming then think about updating the Farris Center.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:42 am 
All-American

drunkenbear #3 wrote:
I played for the Bears from 87-91 yeah back in the days of being ranked in the top 5 in the country and almost winning a national title in 91. Granted it was NAIA back then but it was still college ball. Listed below are my thoughts on the updating the Farris Center.

1. Until you get larger crowds at the Farris Center it would be a waste of money. We filled it one time when I was playing and that was the 1990 AIC Tourney Championship game against Harding and most of the fans were from Harding. If it was not for the football team, baseball team and a few devoted fans (Monty Rowell) the Farris Center would have been empty for most games. Students hardly ever supported the basketball teams.

2. Get rid of the five foot concrete walls and move what fans are at the games closer to the playing floor.

3. Forget about updating the dressing rooms. Most of the guys that played with me did not come to UCA for the dressing room. We came because we knew the coaching staff had a successful history of winning games.

4. Turn the heat on in the building. It was always like 42 degrees.

5. Get the students involved more. Easier said than done but find a way!!

Once you get the crowds coming then think about updating the Farris Center.

It sounds like the drunken one has sobbered up.

Gosh, there is hope.

Burly Bear :D

John Wayne