PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:51 pm 
UserName Retired

FINAL

UCA 61
TX ST 85

Post subject: Re: TX St @ UCA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:08 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Coach sounded pretty frustrated on post game....22 TOs and 20% from 3s and not better from FTs.....got to keep working......

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:48 am 
Redshirt

"Got to keep working...." Agreed. Wonder why the previous coach didn't get that same kind of supportive comment. I'm still confused as to why he didn't get a chance when the team got off probation. He had great recruiting material for 4 years..."Come play for UCA...we can't go to tournaments or post-season or anything, so our season pretty much means nothing, but it will sure be a hoot!"
Frankly, if I had a son with D1 talent, and the current coach came to recruit him, my reaction would pretty much be, "You had a nice career in college and the pros, but I don't want my son spending his 4 years as part of a coaching learning curve." Just a thought.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:51 am 
Redshirt

Very much agree with last post. The players, especially Imad and Pouncey, hustle hard but with basically the same team as last year in the 29th rated conference in D1 (out of 32) they are less competitive with each game - losing conference games by nearly 20 points per game. Rooting for the players but a steep learning curve indeed.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:01 pm 
Two-Time All-American

For my part, I always supported Coach Chappell as well...as a Bear I always suppport our teams. The Bears this year seemed on the verge of a break through after the SMU and OSU games then went backward at Missouri State and Mizzou (both very good teams)...I thought they steppped up for the OU game and were finally in the groove...conference play seems to have shocked them....our shot selection the past few games sound like it has been absymal ...glad to see Mike P and Iwad Q playing well ....they have both really battled over the past few years for us...it takes a couple years to convert systems....