It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tupelo Bound!!!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:52 pm 
All-American

Just curious how many of you guys and gals are making the trip to Tupelo ?

Since it is just down the map from Bucksnort, I think I can be there in about two days with the mule train. Planning on leaving the store at first light on Tuesday and hopefully be there by tipoff for the Sugarbears game on Thursday afternoon.

My cousin Cletus will run the store while I'm away. Hope to see some of you there.

Burly Bear :D

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:25 pm 
UserName Retired

have you guys seen the video clip on the GSC page? (on the front page) they show all these clips and none of them are of UCA on offense, but several of them show UCA getting beat on defense! LOL....I wounder who had a hand in putting this thing together!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:28 pm 
All-American

joshuca wrote:
have you guys seen the video clip on the GSC page? (on the front page) they show all these clips and none of them are of UCA on offense, but several of them show UCA getting beat on defense! LOL....I wounder who had a hand in putting this thing together!!!

Can you say Nate Salant, esq. !!!!

I can tell you that Salant would deny it, but I promise you he had EVERYTHING to do with it.

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:10 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

man how sweet would it be if our Bears and Sugar Bears could some how muster enough up to go down there and win BOTH those tournaments....how pissed off would that esuqat be if we took the football and both basketball trophies to the SLC on our way out! The Sugar Bears are the defending Champs, now lets hope they can muster enough to do it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:41 am 
All-American

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
man how sweet would it be if our Bears and Sugar Bears could some how muster enough up to go down there and win BOTH those tournaments....how pissed off would that esuqat be if we took the football and both basketball trophies to the SLC on our way out! The Sugar Bears are the defending Champs, now lets hope they can muster enough to do it again.

By the way, I thought this was both funny and typical of our soon to be former commissioner. The UCA championship trophy from this past football season arrived about two weeks ago in the mail. I didn't check, but I suspect it was sent C.O.D. !!!

I know this is the basketball board, but I couldn't resist.

Burly Bear :roll:

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:22 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

IF either or both of our teams actually won the thing, do you think he would actually make the walk to midcourt himself to hand over the trophies?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:18 am 
All-American

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
IFeither or both of our teams actually won the thing, do you think he would actually make the walk to midcourt himself to hand over the trophies?

Nate is so crazy about himself, you bet he would at midcourt...he will also be the one holding the door open and slamming it on us when we get beat.

By the way, made it to Tupelo at 3 A.M. today...would have made it by midnight, but I had a mule that threw a shoe.

Go Bears and Sugarbears!!!

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:59 pm 
Team Captain

Burly Bear wrote:
Bear Fan 101 wrote:

By the way, I thought this was both funny and typical of our soon to be former commissioner. The UCA championship trophy from this past football season arrived about two weeks ago in the mail.

Are you serious?

Man our commish hand delivered the Sun Belt trophy when they publicly announced the invitation to the New Orleans Bowl at an on-campus pep rally. In fact my understanding is that they try to hand deliver most of the trophies in conjunction with already scheduled events (ie. give the champion soccer team their trophy at a basketball game) so the kids can applause from the local crowd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:43 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

if we were not leaving next year, that guy MIGHT have done that, but he is not very shy in wanting to get us out the door since we are bolting on him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:51 pm 
UserName Retired

Well, my wife and I made a deal...if BOTH teams make it to the championship game on Sunday we are there, but if only one does than we won't be going. I know it sounds horrible and like I don't care, but it is just that being in grad school and preparing to move into a new house is keeping us pretty busy and on a pretty tight budget...so here's to BOTH teams making it to Sunday!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:53 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

Sounds good to me.