It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UCA Entrance Into SLC
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:19 am 
All-Conference

This is a *pdf file, so it could slow some things down. Anyhow, it's the SLC Mens' Basketball media guide. If you go in a few pages when it explains the SLC and the history, there's some information about UCA.

SLC is pubbing UCA and A&M-CC in all their publications, from releases to media guides. I didn't even think about playing UCA would count as a Div II game in all sports in 2006-2007, just was thinking football. Anyhow, thought I'd share...

http://www.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/soul/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/05-06-mediaguide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:06 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

hmm, so if we count as D2 record wise next year vs. all the D1 opponents, I am guessing it might be tough for us to schedule some games for both programs as well, kinda like football. With everyone worrying about RPI's and strength of schedule, I cant see too many teams knocking on our door if they even have a remote shot of going dancing in March.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:58 pm 
Two-Time All-American

That might not be so terrible.

This would give the coaches a chance to bring some good D-II teams (who would be close to the same compeitition level as the SLC) to Conway for an OOC schedule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:39 pm 
All-Conference

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
hmm, so if we count as D2 record wise next year vs. all the D1 opponents, I am guessing it might be tough for us to schedule some games for both programs as well, kinda like football. With everyone worrying about RPI's and strength of schedule, I cant see too many teams knocking on our door if they even have a remote shot of going dancing in March.

SLC is limiting Div II opponents to two games (outside of UCA) from four last year. I'm assuming this is a pre-emptive move because of UCA and because alot of teams are getting four Div II or lower foes. It was supposed to be like this past season, but SLC changed it...

Lots of teams play sub-Div I competition, just not ussually the upper-echelon, so probably no pay games. Arkansas St played two sub-Div I teams, UALR played one...we'll see what the future unfolds...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:31 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

now UCA will not be counted for the other SLC schools' conference record next season am I correct in assuming that since we will count as a D2 win or loss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:27 am 
All-Conference

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
now UCA will not be counted for the other SLC schools' conference record next season am I correct in assuming that since we will count as a D2 win or loss.

Not sure how this all works...

Wish the SLC and UCA would jointly come out with a release explaining how this works. A&M-CC and UCA are completly different cases and it'd be nice to understand how this works since we've not seen anything like this in the SLC outside of schools already in the league starting teams from scratch (namely in womens' soccer, baseball, I-AA football)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:14 pm 
Practice Squad

Assuming your schedule next season will be mostly D-1?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:12 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

I would hope it is, with some D2 competition thrown in to balance it out. But if we have to follow the same rules as the rest of the SLC, it would appear we would only be allowed to D2 games. So that would leave a mostly D1 schedule.