Post subject: Re: Game tonight!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:54 pm 
UserName Retired

crap...final 73-72 uca.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:54 pm 
UserName Retired

Amazing game!

I hope this game doesn't get our team down. They played very well and should be proud and keep their heads up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:59 pm 
UserName Retired

FINAL

ASU 31-41=73
UCA 29-43=72 (1-2)

Big crowd..great competition....Bears led 72-68 with a minute to go but just could not buy a bucket and a fluke inbounds at the end cost them a chance for winning shot....keep improving...obviously better than last year as a team.....cannot get down about this loss..build on this and take next step up....Monty sounded excited tonight....

ASU v UCA

FGs: 46% v 46%...Bears actually had more FGs
3s: 30% v 53%
FTs: 68% v 75%...RWs had 7 more made FTs for the win
Rebs: 34 v 42
TOs: 13 v 15

Garner....17/10 DD
Q and Harks both had 14
Crawford had 10/5

Coach: Got a little flustered at end.....had them down but could not keep them down....did not get a good screen on inbounds and they pushed Q to the sideline and he slipped out of bounds.....bench got outscored 35-10 and we have to do better....saw some good things...feels pretty good about the future....crowd was big for us....need to have fan support in future games....

A= 4,127

Last edited by JRK on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:01 pm 
All-American

Those fouls killed us.... but great game none the less. One of the best I've seen from this club since the D2 days.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:56 am 
All-Conference

I was shocked at the crowd. Not as many ASU fans as we would normally have for a better scheduled time but UCA fans turned out better than UALR fans without a doubt. IT was my first trip to the Farris Center. They were totally unprepared for the big crowd so UCA lost out on my $10 at the concession stand. The arena isn't bad but you guys could use a new one for recruiting. I would have liked to have seen a game where the students could attend.

I think this game has the potential to be a much better rivalry than our series with UALR and that has been a great rivalry. Third biggest UCA crowd on a Wednesday night before Thanksgiving? Yeah, in state games are awful.

UCA challenged every pass and every shot while ASU gave up a lot of uncontested shots. It seemed like UCA shot a lot better and created more turnovers than the boxscore says. Miles and #1 killed us. ASU woke up for the last 4 minutes of each half but down 7 with 1:30 left I sure thought it was over. True freshmen Raeford Worsham and Cam Golden came up big.

I came away very impressed with your team and fans. Very happy to get a tough road win.

See you guys in Jonesboro next year but hopefully on a Saturday.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:23 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Crump1 wrote:
I was shocked at the crowd. Not as many ASU fans as we would normally have for a better scheduled time but UCA fans turned out better than UALR fans without a doubt. IT was my first trip to the Farris Center. They were totally unprepared for the big crowd so UCA lost out on my $10 at the concession stand. The arena isn't bad but you guys could use a new one for recruiting. I would have liked to have seen a game where the students could attend.

I think this game has the potential to be a much better rivalry than our series with UALR and that has been a great rivalry. Third biggest UCA crowd on a Wednesday night before Thanksgiving? Yeah, in state games are awful.

UCA challenged every pass and every shot while ASU gave up a lot of uncontested shots. It seemed like UCA shot a lot better and created more turnovers than the boxscore says. Miles and #1 killed us. ASU woke up for the last 4 minutes of each half but down 7 with 1:30 left I sure thought it was over. True freshmen Raeford Worsham and Cam Golden came up big.

I came away very impressed with your team and fans. Very happy to get a tough road win.

See you guys in Jonesboro next year but hopefully on a Saturday.

Thanks for your kind words Crump...It is amazing that two in state teams played
a game last night and as of today I haven't heard a word about UCA shutting
down the mens basketball program because of a loss. I am certainly glad that
there were that many fans in attendance. Maybe the good people of Conway will
realize that they have Division 1 basketball in town at a reasonable price and will'
support both programs.

Congrats to Coach Williamson and the team...they seem to be much improved
this year. I know it's early, but this bunch seems to have a little grit to them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:28 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Enjoyed the game and the much improved game atmosphere. Really enjoyed our band. They should let them play a lot more. Could improve long lines by having more than one ticket window and only two registers at each concession stand. Overall a great value to watch two quality basketball programs. Looks like Coach Williamson is starting to put the pieces together. He sure does make his get up and down the court. It was exhausting just watching them at times.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:29 am 
UserName Retired

Crump1 wrote:
They were totally unprepared for the big crowd

This was the biggest lost of the night. The ticket line was a joke. The concession lines weren't much better. And then they closed while the game was still going?

The Bears completely outplayed them for most of the second half. We missed a lot of easy shots throughout the game. There was a chance to crush the Red Wolves. Up 7 Garner (I think) attempted a three from the left wing that would have probably put it out of reach. But that miss was the start of the downward spiral.

But, up 2 with the ball and you throw the inbound pass lazily? Just a mental mistake. What can make one mental mistake worse? A second one that gave up the game winning three when that's the one thing that would beat you. Don't collapse on the penetration and leave someone wide open!

It was a shame to lose a game that way, but it certainly seemed like the team has added some key pieces. It would have been nice to have Borden available for some minutes. Harks was playing at the end with four fouls and ASU wisely went right at him for an easy layup because he had to back off. (Why Harks was put into the game on defense is puzzling in the first place though.)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:32 am 
UserName Retired

Quote:
Really enjoyed our band. They should let them play a lot more.

Purple Rage is great music.....people not at game miss a free concert every game....