It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Volleyball - UCA vs ASU
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:57 pm 
Practice Squad

Congrats girls. I have never had so much fun at a free sporting event!!

It went right down to the wire. The last I saw there was the same way. I would really encourage people to come out to the home games. It's a great experience. Check here for the full schedule.

The fans were a sight to behold. I'm gonna go ahead and call them "the crazy guys". They are the same ones that paint themselves at the UCA football games. I'm pretty sure they were responsible for at least 3 points. Aside from when they booed the other team I think they did a great job.

On top of all that, we caught a guy taking photos of the players' butts and writing poetry. That was after we got the full moon job from the girl sitting in from of us. It was a night of butt kicking, butt photography, possible butt poetry, and a complete eye-full of some stranger's bare butt. Talk about fun!!!

Post subject: Re: Volleyball - UCA vs ASU
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:42 pm 
Two-Time All-American

jpeepz wrote:

On top of all that, we caught a guy taking photos of the players' butts and writing poetry. That was after we got the full moon job from the girl sitting in from of us. It was a night of butt kicking, butt photography, possible butt poetry, and a complete eye-full of some stranger's bare butt. Talk about fun!!!

I saw that guy!! He was toting around a bicycle helmet too, for some odd reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:05 pm 
Practice Squad

ha! very funny.

Just for the record - he was not. Only person with a bicycle helmet was me.

Post subject: Re: Volleyball - UCA vs ASU
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:15 pm 
UserName Retired

jpeepz wrote:
On top of all that, we caught a guy taking photos of the players' butts and writing poetry.
I'm pretty sure I have a picture of that guy in the background somewhere. I'll try to dig that up tomorrow.

The best part was that I saw him delete one of his butt pics. Guess it wasn't good enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:21 am 
UserName Retired

Just how crazy were they the "crazy guys"? I have seen some pictures on facebook where some of the fans and even some of the players were telling them to calm down...I hope they weren't too bad, and I hope it doesn't discourage them from coming back...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:44 am 
Site Admin

joshuca wrote:
Just how crazy were they the "crazy guys"? I have seen some pictures on facebook where some of the fans and even some of the players were telling them to calm down...I hope they weren't too bad, and I hope it doesn't discourage them from coming back...

Take a look at this larger version of a photo in the gallery (which limits the dimensions).

I tried to label some things. Notice that the 7 UCA guys are on the first step back there. There were told earlier in the match they had to get off the floor/away from the players some during ASU's serves. They did just that, but it may have made them a little louder. Also notice the two little girls who appeared to be very scared. :) And I felt sorry for the four ASU folks, but they never moved, even though they had the opportunity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:49 pm 
Practice Squad

Man, great work with the photo.

I know for sure these guys are the best fans ever for a volleyball game. You should come out for the next mid-week game and see for yourself. I know you probably can't joshuca, but that's meant for everyone else. Maybe I can at least get some grainy cellphone footage of the whole thing for those who can't make it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:53 pm 
UserName Retired

That cell phone footage would be cool!