It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UCA Volleyball....
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:57 pm 
UserName Retired

beat MVSU and Arkansas State today and there was 416 people there for the ASU game!!! They improve to 9-7 on the year!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:38 pm 
Two-Time All-American

416 isn't playing around for volleyball. Was there any tailgating on Bruce St.?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:50 pm 
UserName Retired

I don't know but it was a Prince Center record!! This was also the first victory for UCA of ASU in 14 tries..of course we haven't played since 1983!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:18 am 
Site Admin

An e-mail I received after I wrote the story on the homepage. Quite honestly I'm not sure if I have his permission to post all of this, but it's good stuff.
Excerpts from e-mail wrote:
Just wondering if you saw the comments made by Coach Cummings on the ASU website. Read them, they speak highly of our crowd and the intimidating environment we have for volleyball ... he is a good coach and a great person and he gave the UCA fans a tremendous "1st" home match to watch. I hope he will want to come back again because that does a lot for our sport, especially in the state and on our campus. We have such a good home crowd and I hope they will stick around for us on the weekends to welcome all our conference schools with the same enthusiasm that they did ASU.

Steven McRoberts
Head Volleyball Coach

asuindians.com wrote:
“We came out too relaxed in the fourth game because we were up 2-1 and their fans helped them get back into it,” said Arkansas State head coach Craig Cummings. “We gave them too many opportunities in the fifth game. We held match-point and were not able to finish it.”

. . .

“It was a bad time to not be at our best, but this was a great night for volleyball in Arkansas,” said Cummings. “The environment was great and probably the most challenging we have seen all season. This should help prepare us for the upcoming conference season.”

I said it last year, in the story earlier tonight, and I'll say it again. Volleyball meant nothing when I was in school. But this program has done a complete 180. It has great coaches and great players. There's not much else to ask for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:09 am 
UserName Retired

admin wrote:
An e-mail I received after I wrote the story on the homepage. Quite honestly I'm not sure if I have his permission to post all of this, but it's good stuff.
Excerpts from e-mail wrote:
Just wondering if you saw the comments made by Coach Cummings on the ASU website. Read them, they speak highly of our crowd and the intimidating environment we have for volleyball ... he is a good coach and a great person and he gave the UCA fans a tremendous "1st" home match to watch. I hope he will want to come back again because that does a lot for our sport, especially in the state and on our campus. We have such a good home crowd and I hope they will stick around for us on the weekends to welcome all our conference schools with the same enthusiasm that they did ASU.

Steven McRoberts
Head Volleyball Coach

asuindians.com wrote:
“We came out too relaxed in the fourth game because we were up 2-1 and their fans helped them get back into it,” said Arkansas State head coach Craig Cummings. “We gave them too many opportunities in the fifth game. We held match-point and were not able to finish it.”

. . .

“It was a bad time to not be at our best, but this was a great night for volleyball in Arkansas,” said Cummings. “The environment was great and probably the most challenging we have seen all season. This should help prepare us for the upcoming conference season.”

I said it last year, in the story earlier tonight, and I'll say it again. Volleyball meant nothing when I was in school. But this program has done a complete 180. It has great coaches and great players. There's not much else to ask for.

That's awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:29 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

sounds like I missed a good time last night. But it appers our girls win while I'm not in attendance, so maybe I just neeed to stay away :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:15 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

after winning their first home matches of the year the other night, the Sugar Bears are back on the road tonight AT Lamar. It wil lbe the first SLC matches for the Sugar Bears. It will also be Lamar's home openers as well this weekend, much like we waited until Wednesdayto open at home.

http://lamarcardinals.cstv.com/sports/w ... sched.html

On that link above is a game tracker for tonight's 7:30 pm match vs the Lamar Lady Cards.
---------------------------------------------------------

On Saturday the Sugar Bears play at McNeese St. at 4 pm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:09 pm 
Starter

The volleyball team whooped Nichols State tonight--all three games!! Way to go girls!! Ya'll played awesome! And the gym was pretty full too! I was impressed with how many students were there! That's awesome!