It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sugar Bear Volleyball Fans.....Don't Panic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:19 pm 
Redshirt

Ok, ok....I know it's a shock.....1-5? I know it doesn't feel good and we are certainly not used to anything this and it's not going to get any easier next week. I won't be suprised if were not 2-7 after next week. BUT we must have the hardest preseason schedule in the country and you have to expect a dip in performance after losing the greatest volleyball player in UCA history and losing your head coach. Even though Coach Fatch has been around he has his own style as a head coach and it is very different being a head coach than an assistant. Now back to the our preseason opponents, these are VERY, VERY, VERY strong teams in the Big 12, A10, C-USA, Big 10, WCC, & the SEC. I know this might sound stupid but even though we're losing, the Sugar Bears ARE getting better and by the time we get to Southland Conference play we will be better. I want the Sugar Bears to be hitting on all cylinders and peaking by conference tournament time not during preseason.
These girls are going though some growing pains as well as withdrawls but they will be ready. Let's keep them motivated. =D> Go Sugar Bears!!!!!

Post subject: Re: Sugar Bear Volleyball Fans.....Don't Panic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:35 pm 
UserName Retired

Thanks for posting this. It is hard for us fans sometimes to keep things in perspective. I probably don't realize just how good some of these teams may be that we are going up against. I am sure that this schedule will prepare us extremely well for SLC play and they will be really wanting to get into the SLC tournament because it will be in the Prince Center!! I know they are giving it their all and that is all we can ask of them! GO SUGARBEARS!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:20 pm 
All-Conference

Great post SugarbearVballfan, thanks.

Never panicked, just figured they were working through beginning of season bumps. It's a challenging pre-season and playing teams from lots of different conferences will make them tougher in SLC play.

Can't wait until they're home rockin' the Prince Center!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:59 am 
Redshirt

Another thing I forgot to mention, if your like me, I like to see how the other teams in the conference are faring. I see a few teams who are undefeated and with very good starts BUT look at the teams that they are playing and compare them to the teams that we are playing. I'm not saying the teams in the Southland are going to be easy because they WON'T, we have at least 6 or 7 teams that are very good but I don't believe they are as good as the teams we're playing. So, I'd rather take my beating now. Another thing we are not a healthy team, a couple of our main girls are playing but playing hurt. I really hope I can come back to this post in November and say I told ya. :lol: Go Sugar Bears!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:13 pm 
UserName Retired

They will come around..tought competition will help them get it together better than playing creampuffs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:15 pm 
Team Captain

Also, just to put things in perspective, Texas Tech was 4-25 (or something like that) in 2010 but one of their 4 wins was over UTSA, our conference rep in the NCAA's.