It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Volleyball All-SLC
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:28 pm 
All-Conference

Marissa Collins Named to All-Southland Conference Second Team; Hammonds, Curl Honorable Mention

Big congrats to Marissa, Cristin and Taylor! =D>

Let's go get 'em at the tournament!

Post subject: Re: Volleyball All-SLC
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:00 pm 
Practice Squad

Quote:
“I’m very proud of Marissa Collins for being named Second Team All-Southland Conference, although I must admit I’m a little surprised she did not make the First Team after she led the league in assists,” said head coach David McFatrich. “Not to take anything away from the other setters, but after leading the league in assists after losing two of the league’s best hitters off last year’s team is a remarkable achievement worth of first team honors.”

“I’m also proud of Cristin Curl and Taylor Hammonds for being named honorable mention All-Southland Conference, although I think they are both worthy of higher honors,” McFatrich said. “Cristin is one of the best liberos in the country and does things few other players anywhere can do. Taylor finished in the top-10 in the league in hitting percentage despite being double teamed most of the year.”

Have to say that I agree with Coach McFatrich. I don't know all of the criteria that go into selecting All-Conference teams, but all three of these young ladies have played great volleyball all year. Cristin pulls off unbelievable digs every match, Marissa is able to put the ball right where her hitters need it every time, and Taylor can get the ball down consistently no matter how many blockers opponents put on the net. Either way, a great honor for all of them. Congratulations ladies and good luck this weekend!

Post subject: Re: Volleyball All-SLC
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:05 am 
UserName Retired

Congrats to all...win the SLC and show the selection committee what they missed.