It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: SLC Volleyball tourney
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:50 pm 
All-Conference

Sugar Bears play a hard-fought match but fall short 2-3 to Texas State. Our Sugar Bears played tough and fought back after going into the break down 0-2. A lot of heart on the court today -- it made me proud to watch!

Great game ladies, thanks for the terrific season. =D>

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:44 pm 
All-Conference

NO all-tournament selections for UCA?? Really?

In the semi-final matches, the Sugar Bears take the tournament champions to 5 and narrowly lose and they get NO all-tourney selections while the other semi-final team goes down in 3 to the runners up and they get one??

Brooks, Collins, Curl, Hammonds, and Nagy had great tournaments and NONE get tournament honors??

UCA was robbed!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:55 pm 
UserName Retired

Just like with the All-SLC selections! I don't what's up with that, but these ladies know they are good.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:06 am 
Redshirt

I'll tell ya, that was a great great great match against Tx St. We really should of won it in 4....had the 3rd but a few errors at the worst time to lose the match.
This match is PAINFULLY similar to the loss to UTSA last year in the finals it was like pulling off a scab.
I called it at the beginning of the year when we were struggling that we would get it together by tourney time and we were playing great after limping into the tournament. The girls starting doing the things they were capable of and this should be a springboard to next year. We are really going to miss Cristin though, but Jessie will be coming back with the full squad. KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!

But that was a great match Saturday night, the crowd was AMAZING, I think we had 550 in attendance but it was like 5000. We were loud, just imagine if it was in the Prince. The Baseball players were a riot, the soccer players were great and the girls really fed off that.

What was our record? 17-15? I know a bunch of teams in the SLC would die for that record. I know disappointing by UCA Volleyball standards but we will be back over the 20 win mark next year, but this time with a NCAA tournament bid this time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:42 am 
Redshirt

Yes, kudos to the UCA baseball team. They were there Friday night as well. It is great to see the different sports teams supporting each other. Surely someone made a video (please post on youtube) of their different acts: rowing, bob sled, roller coaster, bow hunting, grenade throwing, and my favorite, the side to side hip jerk. Not sure what that one was, but the crowd loved it best. Even the Texas State fans were cracking up. I hope the volleyball team reciprocates the support during the spring when baseball season starts. =D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:56 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

UCATCU wrote:
Yes, kudos to the UCA baseball team. They were there Friday night as well. It is great to see the different sports teams supporting each other...
..I hope the volleyball team reciprocates the support during the spring when baseball season starts. =D> =D> =D>

I know it was a different sport than vball the last 2 weeks, but seeing how all the different programs have come out to cheer for Sugar Bear bball against IU and Alabama was fantastic as well! You're right in it is great to see all of them getting behind one another here at UCA, and I do hope it continues, for both the Bears and Sugar Bears bball teams, and then in the spring for baseball and softball too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:58 am 
UserName Retired

The volleyball girls are always standing on the right-field deck during baseball season. I don't think you have to worry about that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:00 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

yep, Ive noticed that over the years! Too bad I cant hear whats being said on the decks... or maybe that's a good thing, I dont know.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:10 am 
UserName Retired

They can be pretty funny out there.
I've heard comments about how the visiting right fielder's "booty sure does look good in them pants."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:38 pm 
UserName Retired

What, they don't have anything to say about our right fielder?Image