It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Time for some volleyball!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:44 am 
UserName Retired

I'm pretty sure that yesterday was the day the volleyball team was supposed to report. Does anyone have any info on what we should expect this season?

Post subject: Re: Time for some volleyball!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:59 pm 
Team Captain

joshuca wrote:
I'm pretty sure that yesterday was the day the volleyball team was supposed to report. Does anyone have any info on what we should expect this season?

Pretty much everyone is back with the exception of Curl, who exhausted her eligibility and is now playing soccer. Jessie Hays is making her return for her 5th year after medical redshirting last year. Hopefully she will be back in top shape. If so, they have a lot of options depending on what position they put her in. The schedule is more favorable than last year when they started with 6 straight weeks on the road. I expect a 20+ win season and a good shot at another conference title. ORU though is the higest ranked team based on last years final rankings. And, UCA hosts the conference tournament again in 2012. Dave and his new staff will do a great job and have the players ready to go when they open at Southern Miss. Good luck to them all this season!!

Post subject: Re: Time for some volleyball!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:26 pm 
UserName Retired

Woah, I'm so out of the loop.
Coach Hay is gone (to Newberry College as HC), and John Newberry (former punter) is now an assistant coach.