It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 9:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: New Stadium
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:54 pm 
UserName Retired

Any word on funds for the proposed new stadium for the team??

Post subject: baseball facilities
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:18 pm 
Redshirt

That is exactly what the baseball team needs. Being a division 1 baseball program, the currently facilities are sub-standard. A lot of bears baseball fans understand that we are going through a transitional period and that we have certain budget limitations at the present time. However, after following UCAbaseball over the past 10 years,the university has finally put together a VERY GOOD BASEBALL STAFF. Over the past 4 years coach Clark, Goodwin and Johnson have done a very good job with the program and should be commended fot their efforts. They have taken an average program and have turned it into A VERY GOOD program. The coaching staffhas scheduled games with some very good teams this season. Over the past 4 years the bears have gotten into the playoffs 3 times, have averaged 30 wins a year, have shattered a lot of offensive and pitching records, have numerous of the week and have had players drafted or sign professional contracts. Please construct a new facility for this wee deserving team, their dedicated coaches and their fans.

Post subject: baseball facilities
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:22 pm 
Redshirt

That is exactly what the baseball team needs. Being a division 1 baseball program, the currently facilities are sub-standard. A lot of bears baseball fans understand that we are going through a transitional period and that we have certain budget limitations at the present time. However, after following UCAbaseball over the past 10 years,the university has finally put together a VERY GOOD BASEBALL STAFF. Over the past 4 years coach Clark, Goodwin and Johnson have done a very good job with the program and should be commended fot their efforts. They have taken an average program and have turned it into A VERY GOOD program. The coaching staff has scheduled games with some very good teams this season. Over the past 4 years the bears have gotten into the playoffs 3 times, have averaged 30 wins a year, have shattered a lot of offensive and pitching records, have numerous players of the week and have had players drafted or sign professional contracts. Please construct a new facility for this wee deserving team, their dedicated coaches and their fans.

Post subject: Re: baseball facilities
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:51 pm 
UserName Retired

harry carey lookalike wrote:
That is exactly what the baseball team needs. Being a division 1 baseball program, the currently facilities are sub-standard. A lot of bears baseball fans understand that we are going through a transitional period and that we have certain budget limitations at the present time. However, after following UCAbaseball over the past 10 years,the university has finally put together a VERY GOOD BASEBALL STAFF. Over the past 4 years coach Clark, Goodwin and Johnson have done a very good job with the program and should be commended fot their efforts. They have taken an average program and have turned it into A VERY GOOD program. The coaching staffhas scheduled games with some very good teams this season. Over the past 4 years the bears have gotten into the playoffs 3 times, have averaged 30 wins a year, have shattered a lot of offensive and pitching records, have numerous of the week and have had players drafted or sign professional contracts. Please construct a new facility for this wee deserving team, their dedicated coaches and their fans.

Agreed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:59 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Amen to that :!:

Our Mouse Box(Press Box) is an embarrassment, even when we were in the AIC. Baseball is long over due for a major stadium upgrade. We may need to use the Title IX rule to get these gentleman facilities equal to their counterparts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:23 am 
Two-Time All-American

I really love the SHSU stadium. I think our coaches would be extremely proud to show recruits a facility like this. It seats just under 1,200 and would be ideal for hosting the AAA High School All-Star game and American Legion Tournament State Tournament and several other baseball events. Only thing I would personally want changed is to reduce the foul territory between the fans and players. Texas Terror you guys should be extremely proud of what you built.

Last edited by UCAMonkey on Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:04 am 
UserName Retired

:?: Let's tell the SGA we're going to drop baseball if a new stadium is not built. They know how to get things done. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:21 am 
Two-Time All-American

Honey Bear wrote:
:?: Let's tell the SGA we're going to drop baseball if a new stadium is not built. They know how to get things done. :wink:

Yes but first we drop baseball because we weren't invited to the SEC and then we have JT call them and they resond by sayimg "hey we didn't know you wanted to join the SEC and hey didn't you just work at South Carolina, East Carolina, Arkansas etc.......

And then we get the SGA to build us Monkey BaseBallPark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:17 am 
Team Captain

I know a new baseball stadium and a track were requirements from the Southland as part of our acceptance. However, I know of no time table to get these things finished. It is a real shame that our baseball stadium looks like that. I find it hard to believe our past leaders have let this happen. #-o Does anyone know when our new stadium and track will be completed? (even though they are not even started yet)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:56 am 
Two-Time All-American

bizzarobear wrote:
It is a real shame that our baseball stadium looks like that. I find it hard to believe our past leaders have let this happen.

Actually our leaders (Win Thompson) planned to do away with baseball and pulled a similar event like we did with the soccer program this year. They waited till the end of the fall semester and told us they were terminating the program. The Gulf South stepped up and persuaded us that having a baseball program was one of the main reasons they invited us to join. When we came back from Christmas break we were then informed the program was reinstated. The damage was already catastrophic because a majority of our players had transferred and we played the 1994 season with 18 on our roster and finished 10-34.

We still managed to beat UALR:!: 8)

Post subject: new stadium
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:02 pm 
Redshirt

Thanks to all who are responding to the subject on new baseball stadium. I hope that the administration can get the ball rolling on this matter. I have talked to several baseball alumni, and I was informed that plans have been drawn up on a new stadium. I think the new stadium should be constructed off of Dave Ward drive so that people actually know that we have baseball facilities. Our current location behind the Farris center is hidden from a large majority of traffic. If people actually saw the Bears playing ball,it might actually increase attendance and support. Anyone else have ideas on this matter?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:20 pm 
All-American

I'm not a big baseball fan, but I agree with everything that has been posted regarding the baseball stadium. I saw some plans about a year ago, but I suspect, like anything else, money will be the big issue.

If anyone has some dynamite, I would be more than happy to do the honors on the current facility, if that is what you could call it.

Burly Bear :D

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:37 pm 
Two-Time All-American

I don't think you would need dynamite for the press box, you could prob just give it a nice pushing on and it might fall over!

As far as the new field is concerned, I saw a projected outline this past football season at a tailgate party showing that when the new field is built it will be placed along the hedges beside the soccer field. someone said that the right field wall woud be facing Donaghey....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:48 am 
Two-Time All-American

UVA is another pretty cool stadium.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:27 am 
Two-Time All-American

Santa Clara

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next