It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sunday Baseball/Internet Outage
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:27 am 
All-American

Got a message overnight from the Arkansas Department of Information Systems regarding the internet.

They are taking the universitys internet system down Sunday beginning at 3 A.M. . They are indicating that the latest it could be back in operation is 4 p.m. till 5 p.m. on Sunday.

As it stands right now, there will not be an internet broadcast of the UCA/Sam Houston game on Sunday.

We are currently checking to see if a local station in Huntsville will be doing the game on the internet...right now, it doesn't look good. I'll keep you posted.

Monty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:25 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

just an update, as Monty indicated there is probably not a good chance at all the internet will be up for Sunday's game at 1 pm...but as precaution just in case, I will have the guys down in the studio plug in our broadcast links on UCAsports.com Sunday just in case it might happen to kick on at any point during the broadcast or they complete their work ahead of schedule.

I'll be checking at the stadium this afternoon to see if Sam Houston has an internet feed of the game available for Sunday as well. But this will not affect the broadcasting of the games live on KUCA at all, just the internet feed on UCAsports.com on Sunday afternoon. I'll keep you updated if anything else new happens.

Steve O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:39 am 
UserName Retired

Um, what is going on? SHSU is doing the same thing?
Apparently their gobearkats.com site will still be available though.

Quote:
University network to shut down
Courtesy: GoBearkats.com
Release: 03/13/2008

The Sam Houston State University network will be shut down this weekend, and as a result www.shsu.edu will not be available.

If you link to www.gobearkats.com through the university's main web page, please up date your bookmarks now. The maintence on campus is scheduled to last eight hours.

Nothing on Gobearkats.com will change. Everything on the official site for Sam Houston State athletics will continued to run as normal. This outage will only affect our users who get to this page from www.shsu.edu. If you currently link to the athletics site from the main university page you will need to add www.gobearkats.com to your bookmarks to avoid any problems.

Thank you,

Bearkat Athletics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:10 am 
Two-Time All-American

I saw on the news this morning that some companies were going to do some tweaking to their networks because of March Madness. Something about watching live game webcasts overloading their systems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:14 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

i just use the tv to watch march madness...i guess others are not so fortunate!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:15 am 
All-American

It is pretty typical for a school to take the internet down on a Friday evening for maintenance. They do that here at UCA once a month and it usually last for about three or four hours.

This thing on Sunday, however, is the state so I suspect most of the work is being done in Little Rock.

I think Sam Houston situation is probably more in line with what we do here at UCA.

If I here anything different, I pass it on.

Monty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:05 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
i just use the tv to watch march madness...i guess others are not so fortunate!

Yeah but I think you get to determine what game you want to watch via the internet not what CBS decides to broadcast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:09 pm 
All-American

No internet on Sam Houston State side.

Just word from Cooter Roberson, who does the radio on basketball and football at Sam Houston that they will not be doing baseball this weekend.

They only do baseball in the post season.

Sorry guys.....

Monty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:27 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

just keep in mind it will be Sunday's game only that is affected, not the entire weekend...UCAsports.com will be fully functional tonight and Saturday, and turned on just in case they happen to do something ahead of schedule on Sunday...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:21 am 
All-Conference

MontyR wrote:

Just word from Cooter Roberson, who does the radio on basketball and football at Sam Houston that they will not be doing baseball this weekend.

Sorry guys.....

Monty

Monty, INCORRECT..

Yes, KSAM does not do baseball during the season, but GoBearkats.com does quite a few games and with basketball now eliminated, could very well be doing the game on Sunday.

FYI -- it's "Kooter" and not "Cooter"...

KSAM just does SLC games in basketball plus a few select home games. Wish they'd cover them all, leaves us scrambling.

Stay tuned to GoBearkats.com. There could still be something on Sunday, though as of now, our live event schedule does not include it as far as video goes...

http://www.gobearkats.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=19900

Audio could pop up -- they are trying to get as many games on the 'Net as possible, so you just need to check the web site prior to game. There may be a link available.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:43 am 
All-American

TexasTerror wrote:
MontyR wrote:

Sorry guys.....

Monty

Monty, INCORRECT..

Yes, KSAM does not do baseball during the season, but GoBearkats.com does quite a few games and with basketball now eliminated, could very well be doing the game on Sunday.

FYI -- it's "Kooter" and not "Cooter"...

KSAM just does SLC games in basketball plus a few select home games. Wish they'd cover them all, leaves us scrambling.

Stay tuned to GoBearkats.com. There could still be something on Sunday, though as of now, our live event schedule does not include it as far as video goes...

http://www.gobearkats.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=19900

Audio could pop up -- they are trying to get as many games on the 'Net as possible, so you just need to check the web site prior to game. There may be a link available.

Thanks TT....Kooter with a "K"..."got it" :lol:

Monty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:51 pm 
All-Conference

From GoBearkats.com re: today's game...

Quote:
Due to maintenance on the Sam Houston State computer network, Go.Bearkats.Com will be unable to present live streaming video or live stats on today's Sam Houston vs. Central Arkansas baseball game.

We appologize for the problem.

As soon as network systems are restored we will resume offering video and live stats services.

Game story and statistics on the game will be placed up on the Go.Bearkats.Com as quickly as possible following game completion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:34 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

we'll have ours plugged in tomorrow, if it comes up at any point during the game, it does. If it doesnt, no one can complain that they havent been adequetly warned! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:26 am 
All-American

Right now, the radio station link to the internet is working.

One of two things has happened.

1) They got in and got their work done early, which is good OR
2) They havn't started yet, which is bad.

May be they will leave it alone through the afternoon.

Monty