It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Texas San Antonio this weekend
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:08 am 
All-American

Steveo asked me to pass this along to you guys since he is currently on the road to Oxford.

Saturdays game here in Conway with Texas San Antonio will get underway at 11 A.M. (CST).

Monty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:16 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Let's get some SLC wins.....Bears are ripe for a breakout....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:28 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

BACK TO SLC PLAY
The Bears return to Southland Conference play this weekend, hosting UTSA. Because of the Easter weekend, games will be played Thursday-Saturday.

The Bears will dedicate their new lights at UCA Field before Friday night’s game, which begins at 6:30 p.m. UCA President Lu Hardin, Conway Mayor Tab Townsell, a UCA alum, and former UCA head baseball coaches will throw out the ceremonial first pitches at approximately 6:15.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:33 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

Also, today is the only off day UTSA has had since last Friday, including 3 games already this week including a double header last night, so maybe with the short week we can catch their arms a little worn down too...who knows, but that is screwy scheduling on their part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:23 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

Hope everyone can come out this weekend. The Bears played the top offense in the conference last weekend in Sam Houston St. they only welcome the 2nd best offense in the SLC into town this weekend. UTSA is loaded in the lineup as well. But this is only the Roadrunners' 2nd trip outside the city of San Antonio for the season, so maybe the road will lend them a few bumps on the way!

See you at the ball park!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:52 pm 
UserName Retired

In the words of SteveO, under the lights, Bears lead after 4 complete innings, 4-2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:22 pm 
UserName Retired

Bears Win!

4-3...improve to 9-11 (1-3)

358 in attendace for UCA's first night game...can't wait for the new grandstands!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:33 pm 
UserName Retired

I was actually pretty disappointed in the crowd tonight. The weather was nice, especially at the start, so that was no excuse. Oh well though, the Bears still won.

There's a little write-up on the home page with a couple small pics of the lights. It looked good out there. Everything inside the fence looks nice. Now we have to get the outside of it looking better.

We've got a win streak going. UTSA came in 3-0 in the conference after sweeping McNeese last week. This was obviously not as big a win as Tuesday, but it was pretty high up there.

Man, if only we could have gotten at least one of those last week versus Sam Houston.

I did go out and stand on the new deck over the right field fence. The deck-dwellers are pretty funny hecklers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:29 am 
UserName Retired

Boss wrote:
I did go out and stand on the new deck over the right field fence. The deck-dwellers are pretty funny hecklers.

What exactly is that thing there for? I remember last year some SLC coach griping about the camera guy lurking over the center field fence and the umps made him move. Was told it was some kind of SLC rule. Is the platform considered sro bleachers? :)

I would have been at the game last night but I believe in job security for SteveO. If we all showed up at the game then "our voice of the Bears" would not have a job. Furthermore, when at home I can get my seventh inning siesta between the sixth and ninth innings. I believe all the walks kinda lulled me to sleep for a while last night.

If our guys can starting hitting, and pitching, on all cylinders on a consistant basis then this team will be a force to be reckoned with for the rest of the season.

But hey, Mrs. HB and myself will be there in fine fashion tonight to root for a third straight win for the boys of spring. Does anyone know if any of the skyboxes are available for tonight? Will we need skeeter dope or winter coats? See you guys tonight :!:

Last edited by Honey Bear on Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:35 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=news&sportid=7&article=2418

BEARS SHUT DOWN ROADRUNNERS 4-3
BASEBALL • Mar 20, 2008

CONWAY, Ark _ Senior pitchers Brandon Dunn and Matt Whitaker combined for a five-hitter as the University of Central Arkansas Bears shut down the hot-hitting UTSA Roadrunners 4-3 in Southland Conference baseball action on Thursday night.

Dunn, the starter, went 4.2 innings and allowed 3 hits and struck out a career-high seven before running into trouble in the fifth. Whitaker, normally a starter, came out of the bullpen with the bases loaded and two outs and got leadoff batter Tyler Carpenter to hit into a fielder's choice on the first pitch to end the threat and preserve UCA's 4-3 lead...

http://www.ucafans.com/article.php?article_id=208

Thursday, March 20 @ 11:05 PM
Just two days after their big 4-3 win over Ole Miss, the UCA baseball team returned to UCA Field and picked up another 4-3 win, this one over conference foe UTSA.

It was the first ever night game under the lights at UCA Field, but UCA did all got all their offense before the sun even went down. They scored a run in the first and three in the third and held on to win down the stretch...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:50 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

Things I heard or saw at the game last night I'd never seen or heard before at UCA Field:

1. Lights in the dead of night with an actual game going on under them...
2. People in Banana suits running around the bases for a mid-inning contest
3. Giant dice being tossed around for a mid-inning contest...
3A. ARROW making an appearance at UCA Field (long time no see!!!)
4. Our first win ever over UTSA...
5. Our first SLC win of the season...
6. A WIN under the lights!!!

Last edited by Bear Fan 101 on Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:51 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

also, if my math is right, and frankly it may not be, Coach Clark earned his 150th win of his UCA coaching career with the win last night over UTSA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:29 am 
All-Conference

Great win and great times last night. I had fun. It is always great when the Bears get the.......................................................VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:10 pm 
All-Conference

I wasn't able to stay for the whole game, but I did make it out for a little while, it was nice to see everyone again!!! Hopefully I will get to come back and stay for the whole game :) Likely in May. I did listen on the radio...Great job, I enjoy listening to the broadcasts....first rate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:04 pm 
All-Conference

Sounds like another good game tonight.

Bot 8th

UCA 8
UTSA 4