It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:55 pm 
UserName Retired

Honey Bear wrote:
The light area of the ground behind his butt sure looks like an infield to me.

Agreed, but we must have played sandlot baseball with no fences out there. Hit it as far as you can and run as long as you can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:24 pm 
Redshirt

Quote:
Agreed, but we must have played sandlot baseball with no fences out there. Hit it as far as you can and run as long as you can.

Yaah, that's how a lot of ball was played for many years.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:05 pm 
Two-Time All-American

KB wrote:
UCAMonkey wrote:
BearCountry wrote:
Yep. That picture appears to be the field straight across from the Farris Center. It looks to be the land behind the student/visitor side of the current football stadium.Behind the batter is the Prince Center and the tall building behind him is the Meadors Hall or the ROTC building I believe. Just a guess but I've seen that side of the Prince center many times...looks like it to me. :lol:

Ditto

But just because the picture was taken at that location does it necessarily mean that that is where the baseball field was located?

See if you can find some recognizable names in the media guide that may be able to confirm where the baseball field was at that time.

I was led to believe that is a baseball field.

I'm not sure what you mean.

It may have just been an infield diamond where they practiced defense and played/hit at a game field site. They would've knocked a bunch of windows out on the nearby buildings and road.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:08 pm 
Redshirt

UCAMonkey wrote:
KB wrote:
UCAMonkey wrote:
BearCountry wrote:
Yep. That picture appears to be the field straight across from the Farris Center. It looks to be the land behind the student/visitor side of the current football stadium.Behind the batter is the Prince Center and the tall building behind him is the Meadors Hall or the ROTC building I believe. Just a guess but I've seen that side of the Prince center many times...looks like it to me. :lol:

Ditto

But just because the picture was taken at that location does it necessarily mean that that is where the baseball field was located?

See if you can find some recognizable names in the media guide that may be able to confirm where the baseball field was at that time.

I was led to believe that is a baseball field.

I'm not sure what you mean.

It may have just been an infield diamond where they practiced defense and played/hit at a game field site. They would've knocked a bunch of windows out on the nearby buildings and road.

True.