It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jaguar realizes Division I dream
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:46 pm 
UserName Retired

Jaguar realizes Division I dream

Quote:
With his family and a standing-room-only crowd looking on in what will one day be the Jaguar Hall of Fame, Blue Springs South senior Logan Moon signed a letter to play Division I baseball at the University of Central Arkansas in Conway, Ark.

Wearing a UCA hat and a purple tie he borrowed from Blue Springs High School buddy Jordan Chrisman, Moon signed the letter as mom Lori, dad Mike, brothers Jordan and Austin and sister Macy nodded in approval Friday morning.

Chrisman was on hand, and he was also wearing a UCA hat.

“I might have an announcement soon,” said the massive Blue Springs defensive lineman and Suburban Big Seven Defensive Player of the Year. “But today belongs to my buddy. Doesn’t he look great in purple?”

"And I know I made the right decision. I think I can go there and play as a freshman and I love the team and the coaches. I’ve been texting the coaches, and I think they’re really excited about having me come down there.

“They have great facilities and a great program. And now, all I have to do is worry about my grades and playing well my senior season. I don’t really have anything to prove to anyone.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:44 pm 
Starter

Looks like a nice signing for UCA baseball.

I wish the fact his buddy was wearing a UCA cap meant more than a little friendly support. He's more likely to end up in northwest Arkansas or a Big 12 school.

http://recruiting.arkansasonline.com/index.php/2009/07/31/missouri-de-has-a-lot-to-love-about-arkansas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:01 am 
Two-Time All-American

It is nice to hear a recruit comment that we have nice facilities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:35 am 
Two-Time All-American

Beaumadine Louise Pusser wrote:
Looks like a nice signing for UCA baseball.

I wish the fact his buddy was wearing a UCA cap meant more than a little friendly support. He's more likely to end up in northwest Arkansas or a Big 12 school.

http://recruiting.arkansasonline.com/index.php/2009/07/31/missouri-de-has-a-lot-to-love-about-arkansas

We can dream, can't we? I wouldn't rule the Bears out just yet. Wearing the hat pretty much means it's a done deal – right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:17 am 
Practice Squad

I am Jordan Chrisman's Mom and I say dream away!!!!!! He really likes UCA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:00 am 
UserName Retired

MChrisman wrote:
I am Jordan Chrisman's Mom and I say dream away!!!!!! He really likes UCA

Welcome to the board! I hope that he really loves UCA because your son would be a great addition to the Bear Family!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:05 am 
Practice Squad

There should be an announcement coming soon from your coaches!! I am from Little Rock originally so we could not be happier. Some things are just meant to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:22 am 
UserName Retired

Well, Jordan's mom, we're always looking for the next great defensive end.

Just some info on our defensive end lineage -
Jacob Ford, currently plays for the Titans
Larry Hart, defensive player of the year in the conference and considered one of the top 20 defensive players in the country - again
Markell Carter, will be a senior next year and has had some scouts looking at him this year
:D

Oh, and he already has a purple tie. You wouldn't want that to go to waste after he leaves high school.

For everyone else's info, Blue Springs lost the 6A state championship game. Crisman led the team with 11 tackles for loss. And if Jordan comes, tell him that several of his teammates may like it here as well. Also, it should be noted that Blue Springs and Blue Springs South are two different schools. I'm sure that was easily understood by everyone but me.

Now to Logan -
I couldn't find any stats anywhere, but found this. (Please, no one send him an e-mail.) If anyone finds stats, let us know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:04 am 
UserName Retired

MChrisman wrote:
There should be an announcement coming soon from your coaches!! I am from Little Rock originally so we could not be happier. Some things are just meant to be.

This would be huge catch for the Bear football team! Chrisman, 6-4, 260, 4.87 of Blue Springs, Mo., is drawing interest from Arkansas, Virginia, Missouri, Arizona State, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State and others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:22 am 
Practice Squad

Sometimes big schools are not always the answer for good athletes. It is about the education, what is the best fit, where they will excel and the ability to feel at home somewhere. Your school has all of those potentials for Jordan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:41 pm 
Starter

Great news. Welcome aboard!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:03 pm 
UserName Retired

Jordan's mom..where-ever he decides to go, we wish him the best! He's a talented kid and deserves the best! UCA has much to offer and it would be great to see him here! As Trey wrote, we have scouts here every year to see our defense and offenses, so you are right, maybe sometimes large schools aren't necessarily the answer. Good luck to him!

Geuax Bears! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:18 am 
Practice Squad

We are coming January 15 to see your school and Jordan is really looking forward to it. We are headed to the Simone Foundation awards here in Kansas City this am and he has been nominated for Defensive Player of the Year, The Buchanan Award is the official name. We love Purple. Ha. That was one of his high school colors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:30 am 
Two-Time All-American

Congratulations on the post season award.

This is obviously a result of his on and off field dedication.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:54 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Enjoy your visit to UCA.....while the campus and school have grown a lot since my days, it still has the same feel as in my era and I really enjoy the memories when I am back.....hope you feel at home and welcomed when on campus.....