It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Early season talk RD 2
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:18 am 
Team Captain

OK, like last season what OOC regular season home game excites you the most. My pick is Creighton.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:13 am 
UserName Retired

I'd choose Creighton, but I wish we played them twice instead of Edwardsville.

Obviously Wichita State is the pick if we were including road games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:38 pm 
Team Captain

I agree but having Creighton even for one game is awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:27 am 
Practice Squad

There are no non-conference home games that particularly excite me- home or away. In fact, the entire non-conference schedule is rather dreary and disappointing. There is no SEC or Big 12 schools on the schedule, although I would not have expected to have a home game with a team from either conference. The ORU game is probably the best non-conference game on the schedule, but it is in Tulsa. This season, the excitement at the home park will come from the conference games, although the better conference games will also be on the road (UTA, Texas State, SHSU, Southeastern Louisiana).

Having said that, I am excited for the season to get started. I liked what I saw out of the pitchers this fall, so if the team will make the routine plays in the field, they should be very competitive. I just wish there was one big stick in the middle of the lineup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:59 pm 
Team Captain

Well, I am excited mainly because we are bringing in better teams each year. You can watch conference games every year, but to see non-conference teams are fun to me, which is why I started this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:38 am 
Two-Time All-American

Correct as to not having SEC or Big 12 teams play at Conway.

It is great that Wichita State will schedule us. OU and OSU are logical other Big 12 games on the road due to travel comcerns.....Missouri, Kansas and UT could be an option but travel is twice as long.

Really only Ole Miss and Miss State in SEC would see to be options due to travel for a mid week game.

Of course, since we beat Ole Miss at Oxford, they miight favor a progran they know they can reliably beat each year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:43 am 
Practice Squad

Full Grown Bear,
I didn't mean to sound like I was raining on your parade. When I look at the non-conference schedule - home or away - I am looking for teams that have a chance to play in a Regional and I don't see many. This year's schedule looks like it is designed to get some early wins in order to build some confidence going into the conference season. Hopefully, the ballclub will get on a roll early and carry it through to the tourney in Corpus.

I am sure this has been covered ad nauseum around this board, but why aren't there any home and home series against the other schools in state?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:55 am 
All-Conference

Quote:
why aren't there any home and home series against the other schools in state?

We do play UAPB home and home. UALR and ASU will no longer play since we have beaten them 2 or 3 years ago. And we all know the big boys don't play anyone from the state. At least the two non-D1 games we're allowed are against in-state teams (Lyon, Henderson State).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:07 pm 
Team Captain

The point is that guys you have to start somewhere. We are fairly new to D1, with no disrespect but we aren't getting any major conference home games for a while, and probably not until we beat some folks. Yes, some of the other conference teams have some, but they are more established. I posted here to create some excitement not to talk crap about the scheduling. To me we have improved th schedule of home games over the last few years. By the way, I'm also a very dedicated Razorback fan, season ticket holder in football, and attend baseball and basketball games. So wouldn't some of you say that I want to beat La Tech and have La Tech beat the hogs May 11 at Dickey Stephens. No, you want to say why won't Texass or LSwho play in Conway. Are you for real?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:26 pm 
UserName Retired

Quote:
I'm also a very dedicated Razorback fan

I'm sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:31 pm 
Team Captain

It's OK. Hardest thing I've ever done, but its my home state and now this is my home town. So I like both, it is what it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:05 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Full Grown Bear wrote:
It's OK. Hardest thing I've ever done, but its my home state and now this is my home town. So I like both, it is what it is.

Home state?

Home town?

I thought we were talking about schools/universities here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:31 pm 
Team Captain

Well sir, I've been a Razorback fan since my dad first took me to a game in Little Rock when I was about 4. I went A State and am a avid sports fan and I chose to be a fan of UCA. A fan. Not an alum. UCA needs fans, but out of respect I usually be quiet about all the stabs at the UofA (not UAF) and A Sate. I have stated many times before my whole family are UCA alums but I chose differently and am a fan. Is there a problem with that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:42 am 
Practice Squad

Full Grown Bear,
I doubt anybody has a problem with having more fans for UCA Baseball. I am glad there are people who will support the ballclub. Hopefully the student body will get behind baseball the way they support football.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:31 pm 
Team Captain

Whatever dude, life goes on.