It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Senior Weekend vs. UTSA 5/21-5/22
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:43 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

with rain here in Conway, the series will now begin with a double header beginning Friday at 2 pm, with Saturday's season finale beginning at 1 pm.

http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=news&sportid=7&article=3772

Post subject: Re: Senior Weekend vs. UTSA 5/21-5/22
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:23 pm 
Two-Time All-American

On Friday, Bears dropped Game 1 by 5-4 and Game 2 by 2-1 with Dustin Ward pitching 11 innings in Game 2!!!!

http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=news&sportid=7&article=3775

Game 3 on Saturday was another matter on Senior Day and the Bears took it to the Roadrunners by 11-6.

Wild gets 7th win......Brewer gets the save.....Roberts hits 2 HRs....Coach becomes leader in wins among UCA baseball coaches....

Bears end season 19-35-1/10-22-1.

UTSA ends regular season 22-27/ 13-19 and thanks to the Bears will not be playing post-season.

http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=news&sportid=7&article=3776

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:38 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

Say what you will about this season as a whole but anyone at the games on Friday knows exactly how intense, and frankly how hard and emotional both teams played. Dustin Ward was absolutely phenominal for 11 innings on Friday night, and Bobby was his usual self as well on Friday. 2 complete game losses ina double header was unreal.

But today was pretty dang graitifying for myself personally, not only winning on SR Day, but the fact that we literally knocked UTSA out of the conference tourney. I hope many of you realize what this group of seniors did for UCA on the baseball field, and even some of their accomplishments off the field, and realize just exactly how big a hole and impact they've had here in their 3-4 years here. For starters, this group of guys did not face one single pitcher or hitter that wasnt below the D1 level, which is the only group on this campus since the move up to D1 that has not scheduled OR played one team below D1.

I guess I could go on and on and on, but you get the point. I do want to say this about the crowds the last 2 days/nights. I've obviously been to my share of UCA baseball games over the years, but I'm not quite so sure the crowds the last 2 days werent the BEST I've ever been a part of at UCA, or if not, at or near the top! The numbers may not have necessarily been the biggest crowds, but the loudest and into the games that theyve been for an entire 3 game series. So a kudos to all of you who did come out to support this group and added a very nice atmosphere to the yard this weekend and helped send the seniors out on a very high note today.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:21 pm 
Two-Time All-American

This no doubt is the best baseball UCA has ever played in light of the level of competition. While the records does not reflect that, and both the team and fans were hoping for more, these guys played their hearts no matter the competition or conditions and won a couple of games during their careers on the road against Top 10 teams. We always seemed one pitcher away from turning the corner and in college baseball not having one more pitcher can be the difference in many games. I can only follow the Bears by radio (thanks to SteveO and crew) and livestats ...someday I will get to a weekend series..but I am always there in spirit.

Thanks to all of our seniors for their contributions and best regards as they go on their careers wherever that may take them. Cherish these days as Bears and never forget your team mates and coaches. We expect to see you in future years doing well and growling for the Bears.

For those returning, use the off season to get better and come back to carry on the legacy and take it another step.