All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Schedule, Roster and New Website and Field
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:15 am 
Practice Squad

Schedule posted on new website.

http://www.ucasports.com/schedule.aspx?path=baseball

Roster posted on new website.

http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?path=baseball

It looks like the live-stats page has come into the current century and is now similar to the CSTV live stats page other schools.

Post subject: Re: Schedule, Roster and New Website
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:23 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

that is a great way to start the season... at home the entire time except 2 for midweek games at SEMO. Our worst road 'trip' of the year is only 5 games...
Lot of long roadies in Southland play though with the Thibodaux, Lake Charles, Corpus and San An road trips.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:04 am 
UserName Retired

Do snowshoes come equipped with cleats for those Feb. games? How does one slide into a base with those things on? Are insulated jocks and socks available for the players during the winter games? Do aluminum bats shrink during sub 32 degree games?

I have others if anyone knows the answers. :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:27 pm 
Two-Time All-American

This is a much more favorable schedule than the past. I really like scheduling Missouri Valley Conference schools. Indiana State is very beatable. Creighton has a great baseball program and will be a tough challenge. I like having a more beatable Big 12 school like Missouri on the schedule. Memphis will be a great home game as well. Hats off to this schedule. Happy to see UALR on the schedule again and can't wait till ASU becomes a regular.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:28 pm 
Team Captain

This is a really great schedule for us.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:51 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

http://geosurfaces.com/news/university_of_central_arkansas_b___

University of Central Arkansas Baseball selects GeoSurfaces to Install New Field

New University of Central Arkansas Baseball coach Allen Gum announced the selection of the new GeoSurfaces ‘replicated grass’ surface that will be installed at UCA Field in Conway, AR. The installation is expected to be completed by the end of September giving the Bears an opportunity to complete some fall workouts on the new surface.

“This is going to be an unbelievable surface for our team and our program,” said Gum. “I have been all over the country to look at fields and this is the only field I could find that didn’t have the rubber flying around all over the place. If we couldn’t go with this exact turf system then I would rather not have had a new surface.”...

also from UCAsports.com...
Quote:
Construction of new walls and picnic areas down the foul lines is also in the works, with the visitors' bullpen being moved in closer to the field of play...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:17 pm 
UserName Retired

Picnic areas! Nice! Now I can grill out some dogs before the games! It'll be a good tailgate area for those of us who attend a few home games each year. =D>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:43 pm 
UserName Retired

Only problem BC is for about the first six weeks your weenie will be frozen by the time it gets from your grill to your mouth. :shock:

If the turf is good enough for the West Monroe Rebels then it's good enough for me. Nothing but the best for the Rebs and their program.

http://geosurfaces.com/photos/West-Monr ... Global.pdf

Last edited by Honey Bear on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:50 pm 
UserName Retired

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:39 pm 
Two-Time All-American

This should benefit recruiting by allowing UCA to host HS and legion tournaments without worrying about wear and tear on the field.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:18 pm 
Practice Squad

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
http://geosurfaces.com/news/university_of_central_arkansas_b___

University of Central Arkansas Baseball selects GeoSurfaces to Install New Field

New University of Central Arkansas Baseball coach Allen Gum announced the selection of the new GeoSurfaces ‘replicated grass’ surface that will be installed at UCA Field in Conway, AR. The installation is expected to be completed by the end of September giving the Bears an opportunity to complete some fall workouts on the new surface.

“This is going to be an unbelievable surface for our team and our program,” said Gum. “I have been all over the country to look at fields and this is the only field I could find that didn’t have the rubber flying around all over the place. If we couldn’t go with this exact turf system then I would rather not have had a new surface.”...

also from UCAsports.com...
Quote:
Construction of new walls and picnic areas down the foul lines is also in the works, with the visitors' bullpen being moved in closer to the field of play...

Attachments:
Field 2.jpg
Field 2.jpg [ 27.37 KiB | Viewed 6656 times ]
Field 1.jpg
Field 1.jpg [ 33.53 KiB | Viewed 6656 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:43 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

I went by yesterday for a few minutes, and I got a couple of the ground view pics on my phone, and it looked like there may have been working going on into the night as well. However, I did not think to take pics of the stairs leading up from each dugout, meaning that the dugouts will now have a sunken feel to them as well/be a true 'dugout'.

BTW, this weekend is a HUGE weekend recruiting as well for the guys...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:40 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

*The turf has been going on to the field the last couple of days.

*Work has been done, and some completed on the new barrier/restraining walls that extend up both lines in foul territory, no more chain link, now they are brick/stone.

*Both dugouts, as a result of the new elevated turf surface, are now true 'dugouts' with newly poured steps into and out of them.

*The areas of the outfield walls directly in front of both party decks have been cut out and lowered so that no view will be obstructed if you are sitting on either one of the party decks.

*I know the visitor's, and maybe even our own bullpen, will be brought out closer to the field of play down both lines/corners.

That's all I saw yesterday. The guys are working their tails off and there seems to be a pretty nice little energy with this group.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:27 pm 
All-American

So any word on when they will expand the football stadium....been hearing talks about it for at least 5 years yet nothings happened except for the scoreboard(thank you first security). Can't squeeze 12,000 into a 8,500 seat stadium forever.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:41 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

you got me. I'd say once they start selling out Estes every single game and it becomes feasible, then maybe they will. I actually think that's been discussed some in the football thread though, so you may want to try here: http://www.ucafans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5371

As for keeping this on baseball, here is a story and photo gallery on what I saw the other day:
http://www.ucasports.com/news/2010/9/24/BB_0924104836.aspx