It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: This years team
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:04 am 
Redshirt

Its allmost baseball time folks. Hows this years team going to look?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:08 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

They have already started off on the right foot, sweeping a four game series last weekend in Conway. They were picked to finsh 3rd by the coaches preseason in the GSC West, and supposedly our pitching is our strength. And it had better be, this is one tough schedule they are facing this season.

Last year the team started off pretty hot in conference play and then midway through the year they collapsed, so hopefully they will learn from that and not allow that to happen again. I suspect they will make the GSC Tournament at the very least.

Last edited by Bear Fan 101 on Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:05 am 
Redshirt

How do they do the Championships and stuff like that in baseball?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:52 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

I believe the Top 4 or Top 5 from each Division of the Gulf South Conference advance to the conference tournament, where it then is a double elimination tournament, where in the first round you have crossover games. Meaning the #1 seed from the West would play the lowest seed from the East, on down the line. At least that is how I remember it being.

Last edited by Bear Fan 101 on Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:12 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
Last year the team started off pretty hot and then midway through the year they collapsed, so hopefully they will learn from that and not allow that to happen again. I suspect they will make the GSC Tournament at the very least.

I don't know which team you were watching last year but the team I saw last year started the season 1-7 and had to play some little po-dunk schools to get their record back to .500.

Now as far as this years team, they are going to be EXTREMELY better. They have pitching, they have hitting, and we are somewhat more speedier on the base paths this season. I suspect that if we don't get into the GSC tourny this year it will be the own fault because they have all the talent this year!! When I first saw the GSC pre-season and I saw the bears sitting in 3rd place and I was somewhat shocked but after seeing them play in their 1st series, I would definatly have to agree with them.