It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:04 pm 
Two-Time All-American

I heard the other day from a notable source that its got a 70% chance of moving out to Dave Ward beside the soccer field

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:43 pm 
All-Conference

With Lu and the SLC guy both saying that the baseball stadium had to be worked on, what is the time table we are looking at for something to start to happen?
If we are planning to play in the SLC next season, I figure they might need to get the ball rolling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:50 pm 
UserName Retired

This is just a guess, but it seems like it's too late to start much now since baseball is just around the corner. I think they'd have to wait until the summer to begin anything... if there's even money for it at that time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:23 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

I love the current location, of course I have said that before. They will need to demolish the pressbox/concession stand/bathroom stall at the very least. Hopefully that wil lbe the case, keep the current location and modernize EVERYTHING not pertaing to the playing field.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:46 am 
All-Conference

I love the location of the field as well. The playing field is very nice and lush.

Just build a stadium, if you will, that wraps around and put the dugouts underneath along with the restrooms and concessions stands. Then just add the press box on top and that could solve all the problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:19 am 
Two-Time All-American

yes thats exactly what we need! The out house we use out there right now is horrible!

Post subject: New Stadium a Must!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:07 pm 
Two-Time All-American

UCA will definitely need a new stadium/major upgrade to make the jump to D1. Most love the current location but the field can definitely use some more upgrades. These upgrades are a must for our baseball program to compete; lights, new grand stands/1,000 seats min. , concessions, restrooms, press box, sound system, field drainage, coaches offices, locker rooms, and indoor hitting/pitching facility.
Also keep in mind that we need a facility to attract high school all-star games, district & state tournaments and American Legion tournaments as well. Collectively with all of UCA's sports facility upgrades and our central location in the state it would only be a logical choice to host all or a majority of our high school championships/events.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:00 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Well it funny that you say that because they had a regional home run derby for senior HS kids a couple of weeks ago. But I do agree with you, the field needs all the above things that you mentioned

Post subject: Re: New Stadium a Must!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:31 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

UCA Monkey BaseBall92-97 wrote:
UCA will definitely need a new stadium/major upgrade to make the jump to D1. Most love the current location but the field can definitely use some more upgrades. These upgrades are a must for our baseball program to compete; lights, new grand stands/1,000 seats min. , concessions, restrooms, press box, sound system, field drainage, coaches offices, locker rooms, and indoor hitting/pitching facility.
Also keep in mind that we need a facility to attract high school all-star games, district & state tournaments and American Legion tournaments as well. Collectively with all of UCA's sports facility upgrades and our central location in the state it would only be a logical choice to host all or a majority of our high school championships/events.

You are preaching to the choir to me at least, I agree with everything you say. The current location is a great location, and has a lot of room to grow, expand, be modernized and upgraded to say the least. That includes field, and the tiny outhouse/popcorn box/restroom/ two windowed press "room" as well. Although I have made my thoughts known on this many times over now in this thread already :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:32 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

also UCA Monkey BaseBall92-97, welcome to our corner of the net here at UCAFANS.COM, come back anytime. I'm kinda partial to the baseball program myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:29 am 
Two-Time All-American

Thanks, for welcoming me to this awesome website! I fogot to mention that we should also put retractable roof on the new baseball stadium.