It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GSC Opener vs. CBU
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:36 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

Christian Brothers travels to Conway this weekend to open up GSC play with the 9-5 UCA Bears.

Double header on Saturday begins at 12. The first game is a 9 inning game, 2nd game of the DH will be a 7 inning affair. Single 9 inning game on Sunday will begin at 1 according to ucasports.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:19 pm 
Two-Time All-American

That is correct hopefully we can start the GSC off on a good note.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:54 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

BEARS SWEEP CBU Saturday!

http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=news&sportid=7&article=1224

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:10 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=news&sportid=7&article=1226

Bears lost the 3rd game of the series to CBU 8-1. UCA is now 11-6 overall, and 2-1 in the GSC after the first conference series. I do not like the idea of losing one game to CBU who we have traditionally handled very easily. This might be the beginning of a long GSC season by playing CBU close one game and pulling it out and then getting thrashed today. In fact in two of the thress games our starting pitcher got lit up brighter than the 4th of July. I sure hope this was just a one time only occurance this weekend, but this might be arough last trip through the GSC.

Post subject: CBU
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:10 pm 
Redshirt

hey Bear 101, maybe our pitching isnt what we thought after Oklahoma Panhandle State and St Eddie's. OK Pan has worked their way to an 0-17
start and St Eddie's isnt much better off. But, the fact that Whitaker and Jackson have had a couple of bad first innings concerns me a whole lot less than the Bear's general offensive anemia. Barnett, Whitaker, and Jackson all average more than one K per inning and thats at least indicative of ability. Barnett has proved he can pitch with anybody in the GSC, Jackson and Whitaker need innings and some run support while they figure out what it takes. .250 team batting average after 17 games concerns me a lot more than our pitching staff. Dont care who you are, if it's going to take a shutout, its pretty tough to win games. Ask Roger Clemens. Of course, the Rocket's team did eak their way to a National League penant. Maybe the Bears can do the same in the GSC. We'll see. Hopefully some Bears can shake the funk and kick in some much needed offensive production.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:29 pm 
Two-Time All-American

And it is still early! I mean teh guys start off 1-9 last season..things will work out. I mean most people didn't even think the guys basketball team would make it to the GSC tourny but they did. You just have to give them a chance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:30 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

I sure hope your right sempt. But putting your team in a whole in the first inning can also add pressure to the hitters throughout the game thinking they have to keep up scoring, and then if they don't they press too much.

I know we have some good pitching, I'm just hoping they can step it up, because CBU wont be the best club we face all year lineup wise.

It's time for someone to come up with a Jobu statue and live chicken and get the rituals going in the locker room before games to get the bats going! :lol: