It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Murray State vs Bears
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:00 am 
UserName Retired

In the longest game in UCA history...the Bears fall to the horses or whatever they are AND the officials. 17 innings that should have ended in 9. JDs 3rd base line hit was FAIR so much that it went OVER third base which would have set up or even scored one for us. Horrible. Horrible Loss. I'm proud of the BEARS tonight. i'm pissed at the officiating. I think BF101 might have some insights. Just makes me sick how the officials screwed up this one BIG TIME. [-X

Last edited by BearCountry on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Murray State vs Bears
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:01 am 
UserName Retired

Oh and the fact it dropped 30 degrees when that sun went down.. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:29 pm 
UserName Retired

Bears drop Game 2 by 5-4..out hit Murray by 10-6......led 4-0 through 6....Caleb McClanahan gave up 3 runs on 3 hits over 6.2 inings but gave up 5 BBs.....Balke Roberts went 2/4 with 2 rbis and a HR...Jonathan Davis went 2/5 with an rbi....Forrest Allday was 2/4 and a run scored...

Game 3 tomorrow....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:27 pm 
Practice Squad

BearCountry wrote:
In the longest game in UCA history...the Bears fall to the horses or whatever they are AND the officials. 17 innings that should have ended in 9. JDs 3rd base line hit was FAIR so much that it went OVER third base which would have set up or even scored one for us. Horrible. Horrible Loss. I'm proud of the BEARS tonight. i'm pissed at the officiating. I think BF101 might have some insights. Just makes me sick how the officials screwed up this one BIG TIME. [-X

If I'm not mistaken Gum let a frosh pitcher go for 9 inning in this game. If I were his parents I would have issues with him about that. Kids this early should be on a pitch count. I can't fInd that pitch count can someone enlighten me.

Last edited by BigBearFan on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:30 pm 
UserName Retired

Dylan Owen pitched 9 shut out innings in relief....4 hits, 2 Ks, 2 BBs and 123 pitches....sounds like he earned s starting spot...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:18 pm 
Practice Squad

BigBearFan wrote:
BearCountry wrote:

If I'm not mistaken Gum let a frosh pitcher go for 9 inning in this game. If I were his parents I would have issues with him about that. Kids this early should be on a pitch count. I can't fInd that count can someone enlighten me.

Dylan redshirted last year so I'd guess that the coaching staff would have a good feel for his limitations (assumption on my part). That being said, he pitched a solid 9 innings and I hope to see similar outings from him the rest of the season. If not for the obviously fair foul ball in the bottom of the eighth, he would have earned a well deserved win.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:13 pm 
Team Captain

Dylan's dad and I work together. He is the ultimate team parent and the ultimate team dad. He has all the confidence in the world in the coaching staff. But, wow, a lot of pitches but what a great job!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:05 pm 
UserName Retired

Game 3:

Bears lead 14-4 in 6th....Roberts and Glaude each have a HR and Rick Angus has gone all six with 4 runs on 9 hits

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:19 pm 
UserName Retired

Game 3 FINAL

Murray 6-16-1
UCA 16-15-0

Rick Angus gets the win with 6 iniings giving up 4 runs on 9 hits.....

Roberts and Glaude go 3/5 and Roberts tallies 4 rbis ...both had a HR...

Two hit games.....Allday, Willson, Glaude and Marietta

Bears move to 4-6.... good to avoid a sweep...could have been a sweep our way...

Next is road game vs MS Valley State in Itta Bena on Tuesday at 2pm...then open SLC play Friday at home vs Lamar....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:37 pm 
Practice Squad

JRK wrote:
Dylan Owen pitched 9 shut out innings in relief....4 hits, 2 Ks, 2 BBs and 123 pitches....sounds like he earned s starting spot...

Dylan has pitched 1.2 innings since his 9 shut out innings. He didn't earn anything except a sore arm.

He pitched today for a few batters and did not record an out. I wouldn't have any confidence in the coaching staff if I had a son that played for Gum. I blame gums decisions early on for the sore/dead arms that the pitchers have now.