It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Taylor Reed
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:23 am 
UserName Retired

https://www.eldoradonews.com/news/2020/jul/12/taylor-reed-follows-family-tradition/

Very nice article on Taylor.......now at Auburn....expect he will do well in college coaching......always enjoyed watching him QB for Bears....kudos to El Dorado News for a good article.......excerpts below.......link to the article for the full article including the ending paragraph....

Taylor Reed follows the family tradition
by Tony Burns | July 12, 2020 at 8:00 p.m.

Since graduating from El Dorado High School in 2011, Taylor Reed has logged a lot of miles both as a football player and a football coach. After playing at three different universities for six different head coaches, there aren’t a lot of formations or philosophies Reed hasn’t already seen or heard.

Currently, he is an offensive graduate assistant coach at Auburn, working with the receivers.

“I would not change a thing,” Reed said of his path. “For someone who has always wanted to get into coaching, I took it as a unique way of learning multiple systems with different coaching styles. I experienced growing pains throughout those transitions, but I feel those lessons I learned will guide me throughout my coaching career.”

He signed with the University of Memphis, where he started nine games at quarterback as a freshman, taking the field in the second quarter of the season opener against Mississippi State. He played until suffering a broken fibula against Marshall.

“Our coaching staff was released after the 2011 season, and I was rehabbing from the injury,” Reed said. “After completing spring practice, I thought it would be in my best interest to transfer.”

Reed transferred to Arkansas in 2012, redshirting during the Fall in hopes he’d be able to compete during spring practice.

“After the season, our coaching staff was released and a new staff came in. I realized that the new staff was moving in a different direction and I wanted the opportunity to play so I decided to leave,” said Reed, who transferred to the University of Central Arkansas.

“During the transfer process, Coach Bielema wrote a letter to the NCAA asking for immediate eligibility which was granted. I finished my career and lettered the next three seasons at UCA. Nathan Brown recruited me out of high school and stuck with me throughout my college career. I am very thankful for Coach Brown, who later became the head coach, and allowed me to join his coaching staff at UCA in 2018.”

Reed graduated from UCA in the Fall of 2015 with a Bachelor of Business Administration (Marketing & Management).

Of his career with the Bears, Reed said simply he was,”thankful.”

“Our team was a close-knit group and I felt I was surrounded by good people, great teammates, and impactful coaches. UCA has always felt like home. It reminds me a lot of El Dorado. Plus, I was finally able to throw it to Clay Murphy again, which is all a QB could want.”

Reed’s coaching stops included as an offensive graduate assistant at Arkansas (2016-2017), working with quarterbacks. He was running backs coach at UCA in 2018 before taking the job at Auburn, where he said his duties range from getting coffee in the mornings to coaching on Saturday nights and everything in between.

Reed married his wife Shayne in Austin this past summer......I am thankful to have her by my side,” said Reed, who, despite all the stops he’s made, still calls El Dorado his home.

Post subject: Re: Taylor Reed
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:34 pm 
UserName Retired

Saw a news item that Taylor is joining Bret Bielema's staff at Illinois but have not seen any report for UI...tough assignment.....get 2-3 good pair of snow boots, a good snow shovel and be ready for real winters in Champaign among miles and miles of corn stubble...

A good friend is an Illini alum and fan and he is always skeptical they can compete as Illinois has higher SAT minimums than Big 10 which is higher than NCAA....plus Champaign is not terribly attractive to the guys from Chicagoland.....although basketball is pretty solid....

Then there is working on Bieleima's staff......

Hope Taylor does well.........

PS..the statue of Red Grange is pretty impressive .....

Post subject: Re: Taylor Reed
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:31 am 
UserName Retired

Way to go Taylor. Kid has been BUSY in his life since he left! =D>

Got engaged last year and has been jumpin' on his coaching aspirations! Awesome! =D>