It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: STEPHENS, MARTIN ENTERING TRACK HALL OF FAME
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:29 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=news&sportid=14&article=1948

CONWAY, Ark. _ Former University of Central Arkansas head football coach and track and field star Ken Stephens and current UCA track and cross country coach Richard Martin will be inducted into the Arkansas Track and Field Hall of Fame this weekend...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:48 pm 
UserName Retired

I don't mean any disrespect by this comment, but if you are going to take a picture that represent you in a professional capacity please remove all your "bling" before taking the picture.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:52 pm 
All-Conference

If he wasn't wearing it people wouldn't know it was him....Congrats to Coach Martin!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:55 pm 
UserName Retired

ARROWSATC wrote:
If he wasn't wearing it people wouldn't know it was him....Congrats to Coach Martin!!

Very true.
If he's not wearing his purple and gold, something would be out of place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:49 pm 
Two-Time All-American

joshuca wrote:
I don't mean any disrespect by this comment, but if you are going to take a picture that represent you in a professional capacity please remove all your "bling" before taking the picture.

Go ahead and remove "bling" from your vocabulary. For one, it's an antiquated term that ceased to be "cool", "phat" or "hip" a long, long time ago. Secondly, "bling" – back before white people ruined it – was in reference to diamonds, not gold chains. He's not wearing so much in the way of bling as he is gold chains. Gold doesn't bling as much as it shimmers.

What's the big deal about wearing the jewelry in a picture representing you profesionally? It seems to have worked out okay for Mr. T, a number of rappers and athletes, and oh yeah ... the Pope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:43 pm 
UserName Retired

King of the South wrote:
joshuca wrote:

Go ahead and remove "bling" from your vocabulary. For one, it's an antiquated term that ceased to be "cool", "phat" or "hip" a long, long time ago. Secondly, "bling" – back before white people ruined it – was in reference to diamonds, not gold chains. He's not wearing so much in the way of bling as he is gold chains. Gold doesn't bling as much as it shimmers.

What's the big deal about wearing the jewelry in a picture representing you profesionally? It seems to have worked out okay for Mr. T, a number of rappers and athletes, and oh yeah ... the Pope.

My bad...I guess I am an old soul, but it just seems unprofessional in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:24 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Coach Martin without his gold would not be the same guy. .... I think it is actually part of his body. There is no one who loves UCA more than Richard. I can tell you that the track teams of that era is what we can return to mostly with Arkansas talent.....these teams had solid sprints, hurdles, field events and short distance. The 3:08 mile relay time is still competitive nationally and probably would make the D1 nationals.

He and Coach Stehpens' recognition is well deserved.

GoBears!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:08 am 
Two-Time All-American

King of the South wrote:
joshuca wrote:

Go ahead and remove "bling" from your vocabulary. For one, it's an antiquated term that ceased to be "cool", "phat" or "hip" a long, long time ago. Secondly, "bling" – back before white people ruined it – was in reference to diamonds, not gold chains. He's not wearing so much in the way of bling as he is gold chains. Gold doesn't bling as much as it shimmers.

He's got to let the Q-Dog out of the yard so he can represent!!! Keepin it Real and what not & On the Low-low so he can be off the chain or hook. Fo Show. On the Rizzle!

Don't forget about Flavor-Flav. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:55 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

article on the ceremony

http://www.thecabin.net/stories/060507/spo_0605070028.shtml

Through the years, two stories of special bonding

The scene demanded a double take. Each of the inductees at the installation banquet for the Arkansas Track and Field Hall of Fame had his spouse by his side on the dais.

Sitting and smiling proudly beside University of Central Arkansas track coach Richard Martin, an African-American, was a older Caucasian woman who had the look of someone to whom a permission slip of some kind was due. No way was she his mother...