It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jasper Johnson waived
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:27 am 
All-Conference

My apologies if this is already posted somewhere. The good news is that camps haven't started yet so he can try and catch on elsewhere. With his size, he was going to have a tough time on a team with Roy Williams, Ken Hamlin and Keith Davis on the roster.

July 12, 2007
With training camp less than two weeks away, the Cowboys made minor roster cuts on Thursday, waiving two rookie free agents - guard Steve Rissler and safety Jasper Johnson. Rissler started for Florida's national championship team, but was rather expendable after the team re-signed center Matt Tarullo and guard Steve Franklin in the last month. Johnson, a rookie from Central Arkansas, was a long shot even to make the practice squad. The Cowboys still have to release one player to make the 85-man camp roster limit before the team reports to San Antonio on July 24.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:42 am 
UserName Retired

More than likely he will be bounced around a few more times until it's finally over, whether it be good or bad for Jasper in the end. Hopefully he will settle in with some team in some capacity before the start of the season.

BTW Crump, how's the name change coming along? When will something be definite?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:57 am 
All-Conference

Honey Bear wrote:
More than likely he will be bounced around a few more times until it's finally over, whether it be good or bad for Jasper in the end. Hopefully he will settle in with some team in some capacity before the start of the season.

I am staying with Crump as far as I know. But seriously, there hasn't even been an official decision to change yet or a commitee named so it will likely be this spring at the earliest before we change. We MIGHT find out the new mascot before then, but I won't hold my breath. The latest rumor is the Red Wolves is a done deal, but it's only a rumor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:25 pm 
UserName Retired

Crump1 wrote:
Honey Bear wrote:

I am staying with Crump as far as I know.

+1. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:09 pm 
All-Conference

I like the Ivory Bills better :lol: :lol: . Hey Crump just think of the possiblities of ESPN covering the new mascot change. The students would have their fun. Not to mention all the fans :lol: .
Anyway I hope we hear something soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:49 pm 
All-Conference

Papabear wrote:
I like the Ivory Bills better :lol: :lol: . Hey Crump just think of the possiblities of ESPN covering the new mascot change. The students would have their fun. Not to mention all the fans :lol: .
Anyway I hope we hear something soon.
Lord, please no. That one has been out there for a while and even though it's funny for about an hour, I hope we do better.

I am hearing we should have something in place around April at the latest.