It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: NFL DRAFT--UCA PLAYERS
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:19 pm 
Team Captain

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/to ... tyear=2009

A website (above) has Nathan and Marquez listed as top prospects for next years NFL Draft! i know that they have another year to play and a lot can happen between now and then, but it looks like they are on the right track! As a matter of fact Nathan is the #1 Small school prospect and # 4 overall QB prospect! Rhett Bomar is also #8 overall on the QB list! Southland conference seems to be well represented!

Post subject: Re: NFL DRAFT--UCA PLAYERS
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:27 pm 
UserName Retired

PURPLERULES wrote:
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/top100sc.php?draftyear=2009

A website (above) has Nathan and Marquez listed as top prospects for next years NFL Draft! i know that they have another year to play and a lot can happen between now and then, but it looks like they are on the right track! As a matter of fact Nathan is the #1 Small school prospect and # 4 overall QB prospect! Rhett Bomar is also #8 overall on the QB list! Southland conference seems to be well represented!

Thanks for finding this info! It is about time he got the respect he deserves! Looks like he could be UCA's highest draft pick ever if things keep going well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:21 pm 
UserName Retired

Jacob was the highest draft pick we've ever had by round - Round 6, Pick #204 overall.

Tyree Davis went 176 overall, but in 1993 that was the 7th round.

NFL Draft List

If Nathan were go as high as the site projects at this point (3rd round!), you'd have to think that the move to FCS will have benefited him as much as anything. This is our last year people. You might want to break out the sharpies and get an autograph. Let's hope he stays away from the injuries this year and keeps himself in a good position.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:13 pm 
UserName Retired

I emailed DTS about this and Randy actually read my email! ...must be a slow day in .....fa....y......e.................forget it. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:17 am 
All-American

I was listening to DTS when he read it. It was surely a nice break from the usual hog futures. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:50 am 
UserName Retired

My dad called to tell me what he heard also.
I told him the caller must have been someone from this board, but he said Randy was the one saying it. Guess he missed the part about it being an e-mail or something.

Nice work 2006.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:29 am 
Two-Time All-American

treyuca wrote:
Jacob was the highest draft pick we've ever had by round - Round 6, Pick #204 overall.

Tyree Davis went 176 overall, but in 1993 that was the 7th round.

NFL Draft List

If Nathan were go as high as the site projects at this point (3rd round!), you'd have to think that the move to FCS will have benefited him as much as anything. This is our last year people. You might want to break out the sharpies and get an autograph. Let's hope he stays away from the injuries this year and keeps himself in a good position.

Speaking of breaking out the sharpies; I would like to take this opportunity to climb back on my soap box about one of my favorite topics.....MONEY!

If you have not already done so, let's break out those sharpies and write some checks to the Purple Circle Club and for season tickets.

If you are a Bear fan please give what you can. It should not matter if you are close or far away, give what you can.

It takes money to build what we are working on at UCA. We have come so far in all sports but to be amoung the best at the Mid-Major level (or FCS in football) it takes lots of support, financial and otherwise.

Some of you on this board have been to other campuses (Ga. Southern and McNeese come to mind along with So Dakota State). While we have come so far in support like attendance and tailgating schools like this set the bar pretty high. I am fairly sure both McNeese and Ga. Southern have booster club members in the thousands (the Purple Circle Club had 400-500 last year) and contributions well above $1,000,000 annually.

No amount of giving is too small, just give what you can. There is strength in numbers.

Should you have questions on how to join or what you can do call the athletic department at (501)450-3150 and someone there can answer your questions.

ONLY 63 DAYS UNTIL THE 2008 FOOTBALL SEASON BEGINS.

Let's all support Nathan and all the Bears this year like we have never done before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:49 am 
Team Captain

It was nice to hear some Bear time DTS! Guys this could be a very special year! i am ready for some football!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:03 pm 
All-Conference

According to that site, Nathan is the #64 overall best player in the 2009 NFL Draft. He is sandwiched between a RB from Auburn and a WR from Oklahoma.

A Southland Conference Championship can only improve his Draft status!!!
Let's do it!! Go Bears!!!!

Way to go Nate!!!!!

Post subject: NB Ranked #2 by Sports Network at FCS QB
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:58 pm 
All-Conference

Dave Coulson put together his QB rankings in FCS. Nathan Brown is ranked #2. Rhett Bomar is #8.

1. Armanti Edwards, Appalachian State, Junior, 6-0, 181
2. Nathan Brown, Central Arkansas, Senior, 6-2, 212
3. Dominic Randolph, Holy Cross, Senior, 6-2, 212
4. Matt Nichols, Eastern Washington, Junior, 6-2, 220
5. Jonathan Dally, Cal Poly, Senior, 6-0, 185
6. Rodney Landers, James Madison, Senior, 6-0, 215
7. Scott Riddle, Elon, Sophomore, 6-1, 205
8. Rhett Bomar, Sam Houston State, Senior, 6-2, 218
9. Jake Phillips, William & Mary, Senior, 6-3, 225
10. Liam Coen, Massachusetts, Senior, 6-1, 220

Remainder of list and more...

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnf ... he_fcs.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:25 pm 
UserName Retired

Great stuff!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:22 am 
Team Captain

wow! sounds like Nathan is getting some great national attention!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:42 am 
UserName Retired

Brown made a nice adjustment going from Division II to FCS, and is now considered one of the top pro QB prospects coming out of the next draft class. He's mobile enough to avoid pass rushers and be a bit of a running threat, and possesses one of the strongest arms in FCS. Brown has also led several impressive comebacks for the Bears. The senior, who passed for 3,084 yards and 26 TDs, and 10 interceptions last year, missed three games in 2006 with a broken bone in his throwing hand but still managed 1,858 yards and 18 TDs.

Post subject: Another high rated Nathan Brown
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:05 am 
Team Captain

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2009_NFL_Dra ... spects.htm

Another draft projection that has Nathan ranked among the top small school prospects and the top small school QB! Marquez is also rated very high as well! This is getting exciting for Bear Fans!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:50 am 
Redshirt

My old alma mater had this link also:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnf ... he_fcs.htm

Look forward to Nathan breaking records this year!! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next