It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:12 pm 
UserName Retired

The announcer must have been Mayock who said basically the same thing on Mattingly's show earlier this week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:18 pm 
UserName Retired

treyuca wrote:
The announcer must have been Mayock who said basically the same thing on Mattingly's show earlier this week.

I knew I had heard that before. Wow..if Nate can produce that good of a showing in live 11 on 11 full drills in practice...imagine his output during a live game.........................................oh wait, I've been to practices and games....yep...that announcer was right. :lol: They also mentioned Pippen. :roll: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:26 pm 
UserName Retired

His performance in the game is important but not as important as in the practices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:28 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

BearCountry wrote:
:lol: They also mentioned Pippen. :roll: :lol:

Yeah, because he was so much the football star that Monte Coleman was! ha ha :lol: Geniuses! Too bad I can't watch much of this stuff. I just hope Nathan doesnt breathe wrong at some point the remainder of the week and receive a deduction for that as well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:11 pm 
UserName Retired

treyuca wrote:
His performance in the game is important but not as important as in the practices.

Not having watched the Senior Bowl, I was wondering why you think that is true. Is it because the coaches are watching the practices and the game is just the cherry on top? I seriously don't know Trey. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:15 pm 
UserName Retired

Because practice is a week long. You'll go through all the drills. You get way more reps than you will in the game. And because I've read that most of the NFL guys leave and don't watch the game in person, which tells me all I need to know about how important the practices are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:22 pm 
UserName Retired

:-k =D>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:04 pm 
Two-Time All-American

BearCountry wrote:
Just finished watching the practice for day 4. Nate overthrew 2 times. Once on an endzone top pass and once in the 11 on 11 goal line back of the endzone pass...way over the top. :? Bomar looks good. Quick passes that snap in the receivers hands. Harrel(sp?) looks smooth too. Brown looks like he doesn't care anymore or has his mind somewhere else. On the footwork drillls, Nate kinda stepped back at a slow pace while Bomar moved his feet in a quick motion and set them for a quick pass. The announcer said it was a footwork drill and it looked like Nathan didn't know or just didn't care. It also looks like the receivers just wait for the ball to come to them instead of wanting to get it. I guess Nate isn't used to that. Just my opinion. Practice is still on. :wink:

The above were my obvs of the short drills. Here are my obvs of the 11 on 11 full drills. Nathan ROCKED! He threw 2 passes to where the receiver was the only one who could catch them! The announcer said "I've said from the beginning that Nathan Brown plays his best in a game, not in a practice where he's standing next to a red shirt (coach?), where he can use his quick instincts and show what talent he has." (paraphrase) Nate looked sharper and more alive..guess he just had to wake up... :lol:

Oh yeah..Bomar got picked... :lol:

Good job Nathan.

I know that deep inside Nathan has to know how much we are rooting for him. As he goes through this week and on through the combine, the coaches and GM's are going to get to know him as a person. Now while this will not overcome talent shortcomings, they are going to give him every chance possible because he is the kind of young man they want leading their team and representing their organization.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:30 am 
UserName Retired

Former UCA quarterback making name for himself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:39 am 
UserName Retired

UCA QB shows off his skills

BY NICK WALKER ARKANSAS DEMOCRAT-GAZETTE

Central Arkansas quarterback Nathan Brown never got the chance to play in a nationally televised game in his four seasons in Conway.
He’ll get that chance tonight as a quarterback for the North team in the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala.
Brown and Arkansas Razorbacks center Jonathan Luigs are scheduled to play in the all-star game at 6 p.m. today in Mobile, Ala. The game will be televised on the NFL Network.
“To be honest with you, I haven’t really thought about that,” Brown said of the game being on TV. “We’ve really just been working on getting our timing down with the receivers and the line. I haven’t had much time to think about anything but football.”
It might seem strange to the casual fan to have two quarterbacks from Texas and a quar- terback from Russellville playing for the North team. It was even stranger the first couple of times they went under center, Brown said.
“They had to get used to [Texas Tech’s] Graham Harrell, [Sam Houston State’s] Rhett Bomar and me calling under center,” Brown said. “That’s a lot of accent going on right there. Some of the guys from up North had to get used to a little bit of Southern drawl.”
Brown is trying to overcome the stigma attached to playing at a small school.
He’s not letting that affect him at the Senior Bowl, though.
“I got some good advice from a lot of people,” Brown said. “Some of the best advice I got was to not look over my shoulder. They told me to just be a football player like I’ve been all my life.”
The big-name signal callers are definitely not in the Gulf Coast this weekend.
Junior quarterbacks Mark Sanchez from Southern California and Matthew Stafford from Georgia aren’t eligible to play in the seniors-only event, but that doesn’t mean there won’t be plenty of eyes focused on Mobile this weekend.
“Any day, there’s 600 to 800 NFL people wandering around,” Brown said. “You have Bill Parcells and Jerry Jones and all these big NFL types out there. Any time you have a setting like that, it’s hard to explain how phenomenal something like this is.”
Stafford and Sanchez are expected to be the first two quarterbacks selected in the 2009 NFL Draft in April, but someone in the next three is likely to come from the North squad.
NFL scout Chris Landry said the reviews of Brown were mixed.
“Brown got better as the week went along, but struggled to adjust to the speed and was consistently late on his throws,” Landry said.
An NFL scout, who asked not to be named, said he had Bomar rated the highest of the six quarterbacks in Mobile, followed closely by Brown. Alabama’s John Parker Wilson, Clemson’s Cullen Harper and West Virginia’s Pat White are on the South team.
Bomar and Brown are two of the eight Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division IAA) players on Senior Bowl rosters. The two have played against each other twice in Southland Conference games.
“Rhett and I have developed a friendship over the past two years, so it’s nice to be out here working with him,” Brown said. “It’s kind of neat that two Southland quarterbacks are in the Senior Bowl.”
Brown said he’s getting used to all the media attention, although he points out it’s worse for the more well-known players.
“I’m somebody that not a lot of people have heard of or are really interested in talking to,” Brown said. “At the same time, I’m an unknown. When you’ve got guys like Graham Harrell and Pat White and all those Southern Cal guys, those are the people that the media flock to. I’m OK with that.”
Besides, Brown points out that getting the media’s attention isn’t his goal.
“I’m trying to show someone in the NFL why they should hire me for a job,” Brown said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:09 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=news&sportid=1&article=2879

BROWN TO APPEAR IN SENIOR BOWL ON SATURDAY
FOOTBALL • Jan 23, 2009

Former UCA quarterback Nathan Brown has been in Mobile, Ala. this week preparing for the prestigious Senior Bowl, where much of the nation's top senior talent is assembled for the week-long showcase for NFL scouts to evaluate the athletes against top-flight competition as the Draft draws closer...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:34 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Senior Bowl QBs vying to dispel NFL doubts

By JOHN ZENOR, AP Sports Writer Jan 23, 3:23 pm EST

MOBILE, Ala. (AP)—The Senior Bowl quarterbacks all have something to prove.

Graham Harrell and Pat White want to show they can thrive in a prostyle offense like they did in college ball. Nathan Brown and Rhett Bomar aim to convince NFL teams they’re not just small-school stars.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/n ... &type=lgns

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:44 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Quote:
An NFL scout, who asked not to be named, said he had Bomar rated the highest of the six quarterbacks in Mobile, followed closely by Brown.

It would ne nice to see Nate and Rhett tie up in a few years as opposing QBs again...just like at Estes last fall.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:37 pm 
UserName Retired

Quote:
After a rough week with footwork, arm strength, and ball placement, all three of our North team quarterbacks looked good in today’s practice. They all did a good job conducting the offense and efficiently moving the team down the field. After a long week, Nathan Brown finally turned things around. Brown looks much better and more comfortable when he has his offensive line, a full set of receivers and backs facing a defense. He has great touch to loft the ball over defenders placing it only where his receivers can make a play on it. I feel comfortable in saying Brown outperformed his two teammates, facing more game-like situations today. It wasn’t a spectacular day by any means, but compared to what we’ve seen this week from Brown, this was surely impressive.

FootballsFuture.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:52 pm 
UserName Retired

First half stats: 3-7, 35 yards, TD
The only North QB to lead a TD drive.

He came out to start the 2nd half.
The second half hasnt started well though, a sack and a negative pass.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next