It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2020 Tennis
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:45 pm 
UserName Retired

https://ucasports.com/news/2020/1/12/tennis-bears-split-doubleheader-at-oklahoma-state.aspx

@OkState, 1/12/20

Stillwater, Okla. – The Central Arkansas tennis team kicked off its 2020 season with a doubleheader on Sunday afternoon as the Bears (1-1) defeated the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles 5-2 and later fell to the No. 11 Oklahoma State Cowgirls 4-0 at the Greenwood Tennis Center.

HEAD COACH CASEY WHARTON ON THE AFTERNOON

"I like competition. Even when it's the first week of school and we haven't had many team practices, I still want to compete because it creates an opportunity for us to feel things and then deal with those feelings. I thought we didn't play our best but got better as the day went on.

We played ORU first and didn't play very well in doubles, but Xin and Fuka clinched it to give us the doubles point. Singles was a slow start, but we managed to close it out and grab a good win. We had a short rest because of how long our first match lasted, so we went into the OK State match a little more tired than I would have liked. We played very well in doubles and were making good decisions that led to a lot of chances. We didn't win, but it felt like we were in a position to succeed.

I'm really proud of their effort and attitude today. We're excited to see what this season is going to hold."

Post subject: Re: 2020 Tennis
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:53 pm 
UserName Retired

2020 Season Recap

Record: 6-5

Wins over...….. ORU at Stillwater, A-State at J-Boro, Wright State and Western Kentucky at Benton, KY and this week over Nebraska-Omaha and Missouri State at Springfield

Loss to …. Ok State at Stillwater, Auburn and UAB at Auburn, Austin Peay at home and Murray State at Benton, KY

Lots of road work......

Post subject: Re: 2020 Tennis
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:44 pm 
UserName Retired

Southland Suspends Spring Sports Competition
3/12/2020 1:16:17 PM

KATY, TX – Taking precautions due to the coronavirus outbreak, the Southland Conference has announced it is suspending all spring sports competition effective immediately and through March 30.

This includes all conference and non-conference contests for the Southland’s spring sports. Practices are still up to each institution, including spring football. Conference and campus administrators will convene in the coming weeks to determine exact return-to-competition arrangements and other issues.

Earlier today, the Southland cancelled its 2020 Men’s and Women’s Basketball Tournaments.