It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2021-2022 Golf
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:23 pm 
UserName Retired

https://ucasports.com/news/2021/8/2/womens-golf-alexander-joins-uca-coaching-staff.aspx

New women's assistant golf coach with a pretty strong coaching record...

CONWAY, Ark. – Natasha Vincent and the Central Arkansas women's golf team announced the addition of Risë (pronounced Ree-suh) Alexander as an assistant coach. Alexander brings 29 years of head coaching experience and four years of assistant coaching experience.

Alexander spent 25 years at Oregon State and during her time with the Beavers she made 12 appearances in the NCAA Championships. In 2016, she received the Gladys Palmer Award for Meritorious Service and was selected to the Women's Golf Coaches Association (WGCA) Hall of Fame.

She got her playing career started in Arkansas, where she won the Junior Girls Championship and the Arkansas High School Championship in 1972. In 1976, she was a USGA Women's Amateur Semifinalist. Throughout her career she has competed in 15 USGA National Championships, two U.S. Opens, three USGA Jr. Girls Championships, three USGA Women's Championships, four USGA Mid-Amateur Championships, and three USGA Senior Championships.

Alexander was born in Laurel, Mississippi, and grew up in Hot Springs, Arkansas. She graduated from Oregon State in 1977, where she received a Bachelor of Science in History and was Cum Laude.

From the Coaches – Head Coach Natasha Vincent
"We feel very lucky to add Risë to the coaching staff, the timing was just right. It's just what we need and I can't wait to be on the course with her. I am very excited to get to work with a coach and person of her caliber. Our players will really benefit from her experience and leadership, as will I."

From the Coaches – Assistant Coach Risë Alexander
"I am excited to have this opportunity to be part of UCA's women's golf program. I grew up in Arkansas playing my junior golf here at Hot Springs Country Club. I am excited to be home and be involved with a great Division I program."