It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:59 am 
Redshirt

ucamonkey in the past BF101 has not posted the article with Steve East at the bottom maybe he is not part of the media but the way the article was posted made it look like he was.

Honey bear maybe you are right about me "attacking" BF101 however I just get tired of the negative posts on not only this site but others as well as the papers, etc. I have asked Dr. Teague with no response and I have contacted Coach Kissel and his response was that he did not know the reason because Dr. Teague did not give him one. Honey bear I do apoligize for my approach it is just frustrating to see someone who I respect and have/had a very good working relationship with get run down. I will work on my approach.

Arkansas.son maybe you should share you sucpicions whe Coach Kissel because he does not know. I also agree with you opinion on Coach Shock, the recruiting approach of both coaches but most of all you may have hit the nail on the head when you talked about the Arkansas parents not being happy and causing problems.

Remember as Arkansas son said this is a DI school and all coaches are going to release or cut kids every year and is this setting a pattern on how to get rid of coaches. If this was a reason for getting rid of Coach Kissel I believe Dr. Teague is saying that parents have a say in how the coach chooses his/her team and who they play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:19 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

jess56938 wrote:
ucamonkey in the past BF101 has not posted the article with Steve East at the bottom maybe he is not part of the media but the way the article was posted made it look like he was.

Honey bear maybe you are right about me "attacking" BF101 however I just get tired of the negative posts on not only this site but others as well as the papers, etc. I have asked Dr. Teague with no response and I have contacted Coach Kissel and his response was that he did not know the reason because Dr. Teague did not give him one. Honey bear I do apoligize for my approach it is just frustrating to see someone who I respect and have/had a very good working relationship with get run down. I will work on my approach.

this is my last post on this particular subject, and it's sad I even have to feel like I have to come on here and set the record straight, but what the heck.

I have, in fact, posted many email releases with Steve East's name on them in the past. Normally, when the link becomes available on UCAsports.com, I then go back and take his name off of the post and add the link to the UCAsports.com article in the original post instead. This time I did not. But I assure you it had nothing to do with me liking, or disliking, agreeing, or disagreeing with Coach Kissell, or the decision to remove him. Simple oversight. But if it makes you feel better to take it out on me, feel free to, I'm a big boy, I can handle it.

Steve Owens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:16 pm 
UserName Retired

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
But if it makes you feel better to take it out on me, feel free to, I'm a big boy, I can handle it.

Steve Owens

But are you a man? Are you 40?
Are you kidding me? Who's the kid here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:28 pm 
All-American

treyuca wrote:
Bear Fan 101 wrote:
But if it makes you feel better to take it out on me, feel free to, I'm a big boy, I can handle it.

Steve Owens

But are you a man? Are you 40?
Are you kidding me? Who's the kid here?

I'm not sure...but I don't think Steveo is 40, but if this discussion continues, he most likely will start feeling like he is.

Monty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:46 pm 
Team Captain

I have a hard time believing the coach doesn't know why he was dismissed. The season has been over since May, so I doubt they just now took a look at the wins and losses. No doubt a recent development brought this on.
Nevertheless, it's a personnel issue and I guess they want to keep it quiet. Good luck to the Sugar Bears in 2008.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:10 pm 
Team Captain

To claim the coach has no idea why he was let go is absurd. To claim Dr. Teague would not give him a reason is absurd and grounds for legal action at some point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:47 am 
Redshirt

I believe that Coach Kissel is looking at legal action. That is the only way that he is going to find out what the reason is. In my opnion i just believe that Dr. Teague did not know how to handle the parents of Arkansas kids calling in an complaining that there daughters were not getting to play. But like UCA son said this is a college athletic program and a DI one at that. We have seen what Coach Shock did the Gulf South (DII) with a roster full of Arknasas players. I hope they do well and if they do you can all thank Coach Kissel for the great job he did in recruiting if they do not do well then maybe you will realize that Coach Shock is not the great coach you all think she is because I saw this team play in the fall and they have tremendous talent. Of course most of you will not like it either way becasue there are not very many Arkansas players on the team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:18 pm 
Two-Time All-American

jess56938 wrote:
I hope they do well and if they do you can all thank Coach Kissel for the great job he did in recruiting if they do not do well then maybe you will realize that Coach Shock is not the great coach you all think she is

Hmm... if they do well, it's because he recruited good players; but if they don't – it's because of Coach Shock? So the players can only be responsible for the wins, not the losses?

Somebody make that make sense for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:29 pm 
Team Captain

jess56938 wrote:
Of course most of you will not like it either way becasue there are not very many Arkansas players on the team.

I don't care if they are from Arkansas or Mars. I'm just ready for some wins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:53 pm 
Two-Time All-American

jess56938 wrote:
Of course most of you will not like it either way becasue there are not very many Arkansas players on the team.

I also hate it when the football, basketball, baseball teams win with players from other states. :roll: You are now a perfect 5 for 5 on making ridiculous posts while mudslinging some of us posters. I believe you need to think a bit more before you post again. Cue the music. :-({|= :-# :-$

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:59 pm 
Team Captain

jess56938 wrote:
I believe that Coach Kissel is looking at legal action. That is the only way that he is going to find out what the reason is. In my opnion i just believe that Dr. Teague did not know how to handle the parents of Arkansas kids calling in an complaining that there daughters were not getting to play. .

Arkansas parents are not the reason he was let go. Yes, they may have complained but that is not the reason. Dr. Teague is not going to let parents run the show. This isn't high school or jr. high. Coach Kissel was given a reason. He was not called in and told to clean out the office and leave without some sort of explanation. Now coach may not agree with the reasoning, but there was one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:18 pm 
UserName Retired

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:44 pm 
UserName Retired

bizzarobear wrote:
jess56938 wrote:
I believe that Coach Kissel is looking at legal action. That is the only way that he is going to find out what the reason is. In my opnion i just believe that Dr. Teague did not know how to handle the parents of Arkansas kids calling in an complaining that there daughters were not getting to play. .

Arkansas parents are not the reason he was let go. Yes, they may have complained but that is not the reason. Dr. Teague is not going to let parents run the show. This isn't high school or jr. high. Coach Kissel was given a reason. He was not called in and told to clean out the office and leave without some sort of explanation. Now coach may not agree with the reasoning, but there was one.

Ditto.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:42 am 
Redshirt

I have just been telling all of you that Coach Kissel was not given any specfic reason for what happened. I know that you all find that hard or impossible to believe and that is you choice I am just giving you the information that I have. It would have been better to let him coach this team and if it did go well then fine let him go but to let someone go that you have only known for nine months. I wish arkansas son would let me know what his suspicions about the situation were.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:28 pm 
All-American

Honey Bear wrote:

Good one, HB! :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next