It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Soccer signees
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:46 am 
UserName Retired

Collins begins college trek at All-Star soccer game

Quote:
In his junior season, he led Fayetteville in goals and knocked in a score in the final game of the 2007 season against Springdale to propel the Bulldogs to the Class 7 A State Tournament. The left wing soon moved to the middle of the field at the urging of head coach Ryan Lawrence in the offseason, where he became more of a team leader this season.

[Fayetteville Coach Ryan] Lawrence has a bit of a clout with the UCA program himself. As a center middlefielder, Lawrence played two years for the Bears from 2001-02.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:05 pm 
UserName Retired

It's All Fun And Games...Until You Earn A Scholarship
Quote:
Prince George, B.C. - Twin sisters Corey & Carissa Rossi, and Jessica Brand are on their way to the University of Central Arkansas on a 4 year soccer scholarship.

There are several misstatements, but the main part is that these three are coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:24 pm 
UserName Retired

treyuca wrote:
It's All Fun And Games...Until You Earn A Scholarship
Quote:
Prince George, B.C. - Twin sisters Corey & Carissa Rossi, and Jessica Brand are on their way to the University of Central Arkansas on a 4 year soccer scholarship.

There are several misstatements, but the main part is that these three are coming...

Just a few?!?! I guess we'll forgive them seeing as how they aren't from around these here parts :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:52 pm 
UserName Retired

Bet there are 3 girls (and their parents) here in Arkansas somewhere that are really pissed, if you get my drift. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:01 pm 
UserName Retired

Vandy's LeJeune headed to Central Arkansas

Quote:
Because there is a lack of men’s Division I college soccer programs in close proximity to the area, the opportunity for local players to compete on the collegiate level does not come around often.

So when the University of Central Arkansas offered former Vandebilt Catholic soccer player Alex LeJeune a chance to continue playing, he took it.

LeJeune has signed on with the Bears and will attend the Conway, Ark., school in the fall.

The process started a few weeks ago when LeJeune (6-foot-0, 170 pounds) was playing in a national regional tournament in North Carolina for select teams.

LeJeune, projected as a defensive midfielder, said the program could join the Missouri Valley Conference in two years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:54 am 
UserName Retired

treyuca wrote:
Vandy's LeJeune headed to Central Arkansas

Quote:
Because there is a lack of men’s Division I college soccer programs in close proximity to the area, the opportunity for local players to compete on the collegiate level does not come around often.

So when the University of Central Arkansas offered former Vandebilt Catholic soccer player Alex LeJeune a chance to continue playing, he took it.

LeJeune has signed on with the Bears and will attend the Conway, Ark., school in the fall.

The process started a few weeks ago when LeJeune (6-foot-0, 170 pounds) was playing in a national regional tournament in North Carolina for select teams.

LeJeune, projected as a defensive midfielder, said the program could join the Missouri Valley Conference in two years.

Interesting little bit about a potential conference home for the Bears in the future...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:03 pm 
All-Conference

Quote:
...NCAA Division One Southland Conference rivals such as Missouri State, Arkansas State, New Mexico, Louisiana, and Texas State.

That would make an interesting (if not oddly drawn) conference... :D

Let's throw in.... oh, I don't know.... Texas Tech & Ok State for good measure :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:03 am 
UserName Retired

More on the three girls from Canada ---

INVADERS FROM THE NORTH
Three Prince George soccer players starting college careers in Arkansas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:27 pm 
UserName Retired

Net gains
Brooks ready to guard cage in Division 1

Quote:
"I'm so excited. This is what I've been wanting since Grade 6," said the 18-year-old goalkeeper, who left for the University of Central Arkansas (UCA) last Friday to begin the next chapter of his accomplished soccer career, which officially gets underway with exhibition play tomorrow. "To see all my hard work paying off feels really good."

Brooks has not only cracked the NCAA, but with both of the UCA Bears' goalies gone is expected to see a great deal of cage work right away.

"That's a big reason why I chose them (Bears). I had an offer from Penn State as well but probably wouldn't have seen the field there until I was a junior," explained the local netminder. "This (UCA) was the better option."