It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Softball signee helps win state title
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:22 am 
UserName Retired

UCA signee shines for second state title

BY RICH POLIKOFF ARKANSAS DEMOCRAT-GAZETTE

FAYETTEVILLE — Kelsie Armstrong used the biggest stage to demonstrate why so many colleges were interested in her.
Armstrong, a senior righthander who has signed with the University of Central Arkansas, shut down Benton on Saturday morning at Bogle Park, pitching Lake Hamilton to a 4-1 victory in the Class 6A softball state championship game. It was the second state title for the Lady Wolves (28-4) in three years, and both times Armstrong was in the circle.
Armstrong didn’t throw a perfect game, as she did in the semifinals against El Dorado, but she wasn’t much worse against the Lady Panthers (22-9). She struck out 14, walked none and allowed only three hits, all singles, erasing the memories of a disappointing loss in last year’s Class 6A quarterfinals against West Memphis.
“I think it’s better because it’s my senior year and we didn’t do good last year,” Armstrong said. “I felt amazing. [Between] the new stadium, being back for my senior year and having the chance to win, I felt great.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:06 am 
UserName Retired

Looks like we added quality depth there, and hopefully found a replacement for Holly after next season.