It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm BACK!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:06 am 
All-Conference

Hello my fellow Bear Friends!
It has been nearly four months since I said anything on here. I am sure all of you were curious and wondering, "Where's E-rod? What's he up to?" Well, I have been looking for a jobs and a way where I can stay close to UCA and UCA Athletics. I will admit when I read several of you all's post about my retirement, I nearly cried. I did. I realized how much people cared about me and what I have done, but what I did not know is how many people they were. Even if you did not post, I am sure many of you would have said the same thing.

That being said there is good news to tell you. Recently, I have been hired by Aramark. I am working at the food court during the afternoon and evening sessions. I am excited that God wanted me to stay at UCA and in Conway. I have been in Conway for nearly eight years, and it has been the best eight years of my life. I got a great job, working five nights a week. It is a start and I have an opportunity to do well at Aramark and probably move up faster than I would have elsewhere.

Now I am sure you all are wondering, what about athletics? Will I stil be able to attend games like in the past? Well, although I am no longer managing, I will still be able to attend games, mostly on the weekend because of my work schedule, which could change later on should things go well, which they will. Even more good news is that I am still going to be scoreboard man at the volleyball matches beginning this Thursday night. I can not wait to be at my table, kick back, and see the SugarBears win at the Prince Center. I have to thank Coach McRoberts for letting me work scoreboard. Though I am not managing, I can still consider myself a part of the volleyball team. Also, there is a possibility of me chasing foul balls for softball during the Spring.

So all I have to say is that I am back, but trust me, you will not see me pull or act like Brett Farve everytime I mull on a decision year after year on whether I want to play or not. I wanted to say that last part because it is funny. Thanks one and all for the prayers and support. Everyone in Bear Country is special to me. GO BEARS!!!!

Post subject: Re: I'm BACK!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:07 am 
UserName Retired

Good to have you back E and congratulations on the new job. We all know how staying connected to the university is a big plus for you and for UCA. No doubt that in my nine years after adopting the Bears as my team of choice there is without a doubt no fan as loyal as you are. It kind of saddens me when I see the people here at UCA that make the policies and decisions affecting this university leaving their seats empty at a ball game to go watch the Hogs play instead. I question their loyalty to our own program. However, if there was ever a dyed in the bearskin fan that has graced our athletic venues with his presence and support, then you would get my vote.

If there is ever anything my wife and I can do for you, please feel free to call upon us. Looking forward to seeing you around at the games.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:57 am 
UserName Retired

Glad to have you back! I'm also glad you found a job that let you stay in Conway/UCA! We need more fans like you to support the Bears and Sugarbears!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:05 pm 
All-Conference

Thanks, HB and Josh for your support. I am happy to stay for a while longer in the Conway. HB, I will definitely let you and your wife know if I need anything. Josh, good to have you back in Arkansas. You guys need to come by and see the new Prince Center. Volleyball starts Thursday night. It is very nice. More seats for one and all to enjoy. I will be at the tailgate after the volleyball game on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing you guys.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:16 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Congrats on the beginning of your career.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:19 pm 
UserName Retired

E-rod never left...he was just "in-burrito". :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:00 am 
Two-Time All-American

E-Rod...thanks for the update and congrats...we know how much you love UCA and the Volleyball team