It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Honeybears!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:03 pm 
UserName Retired

Quote:
UCA dance team earns national award
The UCA dance team competed in their first national competition Jan. 13-17 in Orlando, and brought home a trophy for 7th in the nation.

The Honey Bears were the only Arkansas team to compete in Universal Dance Association/Universal Cheer Association College National Championship.

The team took two routines, one jazz and one hip-hop. They made it to semi-finals in the jazz routine and finals in the hip-hop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:15 pm 
UserName Retired

Here is a pic...Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:42 pm 
UserName Retired

More pics can be found on the dance team website: http://www.uca.edu/athletics/dance/

Including a good one of the Famous "VO-TECH" sign...Image (it is under the mission section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:03 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Congrats to these girls, you know when you can't depend on the cheerleaders to be at an athletic event, the dancers are always there! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:09 pm 
All-Conference

Ok, I enjoy the dance team's performance, but they have missed several basketball games. Not that I am complaining, I am just saying the last statement contrasting them with the cheerleaders was not accurate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:49 pm 
Redshirt

um im pretty sure that the cheerleaders show up for just as many if not more event than the dance team. like recruitment dinners for the football team, many public appearances, all games, and they compete every year at the NCA college nationals in daytona beach and have won multiple titles and have never placed below third. the dance team is great don't get me wrong and they did very well at their first year of competing but don't knock the cheerleaders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:54 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

littlebear1 wrote:
... they compete every year at the NCA college nationals in daytona beach and have won multiple titles and have never placed below third.....

When are nationals this year? I have someone who is interested in knowing those dates so they can keep up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:12 pm 
Redshirt

early april. im not sure of the exact dates though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:14 am 
Two-Time All-American

Where were the cheerleaders last year during the Elite 8 in Hot Springs? Umm...correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the dance team was there supporting. I never once said the cheerleaders weren't good competitors, b/c they are they just don't cheer unless it's for Football.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:56 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

So we've established the cheerleaders weren't there for the Elite Eight, and they have acknowledged it and everyone else has. So can you think of any other times they havent been around lately, or is this the only example we have to go by for bashing the cheerleaders? In fact, after listening on the internet and reading so stuff ont he internet, it would appear the cheerleaders, or at least a group of them have been traveling to some of the away basketball games this year as well. ruseellville tech, Harding and OBU all ring a bell right now.

Now maybe I'm wrong, but I do think it is time to quit throwing the "they werent there" at Elite Eight in their faces and come up with something else to bash them about if people are so inclined to do so :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:45 pm 
All-American

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
So we've established the cheerleaders weren't there for the Elite Eight, and they have acknowledged it and everyone else has. So can you think of any other times they havent been around lately, or is this the only example we have to go by for bashing the cheerleaders? In fact, after listening on the internet and reading so stuff ont he internet, it would appear the cheerleaders, or at least a group of them have been traveling to some of the away basketball games this year as well. ruseellville tech, Harding and OBU all ring a bell right now.

Now maybe I'm wrong, but I do think it is time to quit throwing the "they werent there" at Elite Eight in their faces and come up with something else to bash them about if people are so inclined to do so :lol:

There has been a split squad traveling on the road games most of the season. If I'm not mistaken, they are making most all of the in state road games.

Burly Bear :D

John Wayne