It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Softball
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:42 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Got a split...it's hard to win them all. This team will do well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:53 pm 
Two-Time All-American

I WONDER IF DEBRA HALE SHELTON HAS THE GUTS TO PUT THIS IN PRINT?
IT'S UNDER THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT.
UCA SOFTBALL IN "PLAY FOR TREY DAY"

The series finale on Saturday is set to be “Play for Trey Day,” in honor of Trey Hickey, a Conway resident who is currently battling leukemia after already defeating it two times prior. Trey will be on hand to throw out Saturday’s first pitch and UCA student-athletes will be wearing orange jerseys during Saturday’s game to show their support. Saturday’s game is scheduled to get underway at noon with action Friday night beginning at 6 p.m. from Farris Field.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:53 am 
UserName Retired

FOOT84 wrote:
I WONDER IF DEBRA HALE SHELTON

Foot...be careful not to name the one who's name you should not name... :shock: [-X [-X

Kinda like Voldemort....the wrath will come to all who say that name... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:17 am 
UserName Retired

In FOOT's defense, somewhat, there definitely seems to be a vindictiveness from the ADG towards UCA. Of course this horse has been beat to death on this forum but the ADG just seems to keep bringing it to the starting gate for some reason. This morning's ADG has a front page article about UCA working with Aramark on a ten year contract. Of course Ms. Shelton had to rehash all the stuff about Meadors concerning the debacle about his resignment. That sleeping dog will never lie I guess.

However, on the front page of the Arkansas section there is an article about UAPB and the misappropriation of funds at that school. Here's part of the article:

“There have been a number of administrative changes, and there are some they are still working on,” he said.
The investigation led Chancellor Lawrence Davis Jr. to fire four employees and spurred an investigation by Arkansas State Police.
Working for two years, UA auditors discovered $700,000 in payroll and purchasing transactions that violated university spending controls at the Harrold Complex, a student dormitory on the UAPB campus.
The UA investigation showed that Rita Ticey, a former student-housing supervisor, bypassed payroll and purchasing controls, employed family members, approved purchases that violated university policy, overpaid some workers and signed reimbursement forms to herself on the chancellor’s behalf.
Because Davis, who authorized Ticey to sign his name on documents, and Ticey had bypassed university rules for approving and documenting spending, auditors were unable to verify whether $497,532 in payroll expenses and $239,348 in purchasing expenses were made properly, the report said.
The audit included recommendations to strengthen oversight of time-sheet approval, to enforce rules about reporting and approving spending, and to review pay rates of multiple employees.

Now if I were the editor of a paper and part of my job was to expose any "dirt" on an institution I would think that just maybe the UAPB article would be just a little more eye-opening than an article about a contract with a food vendor.

Common sense tells me why the UAPB article was not front page news.