It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A storm is brewing!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:47 pm 
All-Conference

I can only follow on the net, but it looks like the softball team has made it perfectly clear that they have turned the corner, and are looking at really big things. I saw where they beat Ole Miss, and then Ole Miss traveled to Fayetteville and whipped (what I thought was supposed to be a really good softball team) the Hogs, fairly soundly. I bet the other teams in the SLC are taking notice! Big congrats to the girls! Keep up the hard work!

Post subject: Re: A storm is brewing!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:59 pm 
Two-Time All-American

UCAFaninTN wrote:
I can only follow on the net, but it looks like the softball team has made it perfectly clear that they have turned the corner, and are looking at really big things. I saw where they beat Ole Miss, and then Ole Miss traveled to Fayetteville and whipped (what I thought was supposed to be a really good softball team) the Hogs, fairly soundly. I bet the other teams in the SLC are taking notice! Big congrats to the girls! Keep up the hard work!

It was a good win for the Bear softball team against Ole Miss. Yes, they seem
to be improved over last years team. I think the talent level is a bit higher than
it has been before...which possibly could lead to more wins this season. Coach
Kuhn will do a good job. I am looking forward to our tailgate party on March 24th
when the softball BEARS take on Sam Houston. Game time 12 noon.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:23 pm 
UserName Retired

I certainly hope you're right. It's so hard to compare in the pre-conference schedule. Playing the teams that you play every season gives you a better baseline in my opinion. And, you have to remember that a lot of these pre-conference games aren't just that, one game, not a series. In softball/baseball, there is a much greater chance of a dominant pitching performance (as an example) leading to an "upset" than in other sports.

I'm looking forward to the SLC schedule so we can see just how far this team has come.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:45 pm 
All-Conference

UCA softball has play Ole Miss every year and the Rebels were 6-0, so that is a little bit of a gauge.

I think a big part of the softball success is that this is Kuhn's fourth year, and therefore has four years of his recruits in place.

Another big part is the addition of Jenny Parsons to the staff. She was Nicholls' head coach the last eight years, and they had some really good seasons during her tenure.

This is the most solid lineup 1-9 I have seen from the softball team and they have some depth off the bench. They also have more pitching depth than ever before.

Texas State will be a frontrunner as they are every year. They are 12-10 right now but have played a really tough schedule.

McNeese State has improved a lot over the last few years. They are 15-7 and beat #1 Arizona State the first weekend of the season. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, the defending regular season champs, are 5-11 but have also played a tough pre-conference schedule.